Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
babthe

Using Tazorac...Wash my face just ONCE a day?

I've been using Taz for about 3 months and peeling is a big problem for me. I apply a very small amount at night but I'm still dry all the time. My Derm told me it's best to only wash my face once a day. I'm apprehensive about it... so I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that sticks to a once a day wash routine?

Although I'm not on Tazorac, my derm also told me to wash my face once a day. I tried it for a couple of weeks and my face broke out HORRIBLY. I went from having mild acne to moderate acne. I was so embarrassed. I switched back to washing twice a day, and my face calmed down exponentially. I'm not an expert, but probably a combo of lots of medicine, makeup, lotion, and sweat from the gym was building up on my face and needed to be washed off at night. When it wasn't washing off, it was probably blocking my pores or something. I talked with my derm and she said that if washing twice a day was working for me, than that was fine.

If I were you, I would try it for a little while. If it doesn't seem to bother your skin, keep with it, but if it does, go back to your old routine and see your doctor. Good luck!