Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
losingconfidence

help pls :((

So i finally got the courage to take pictures of my scars..and face the reality that my scars are really these bad...though it hurts a lot :(

please advice me what do you think are the best treatments for my scars especially my chicken pox scars :(

my chicken pox scars are the ones bothering me the most..the worst are the ones on my right cheek, under my left eye, and most especially the one in the middle of the tip of my nose :(

pls...help me with your advices..:(

post-127907-1296832785_thumb.jpg

post-127907-1296833758_thumb.jpg

post-127907-1296832785_thumb.jpg

post-127907-1296833758_thumb.jpg

Edited by losingconfidence

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

whoa!!! :ohno: i cant believe this! its utterly!! outrageously!! incredibly!! insanely!!...no big deal? :confused:

hmpf, had i yo probz girlee :eh:

My scars seem to look like yours, and i don't feel like minimizing what you are going through.

I know that my skin is not as bad as people I have come into contact with, or others on this site, but I still have to hold back tears when i talk to my girlfriend about taking accutane, i still panic if i think i left my makeup at home, and I feel like I am wearing an ugly mask I just can't remove.

rght now, since I am on Accutane, I am only taking vitamins (women's one a day, and an extra viatamin e capsule). But I am also looking for scar treatments when my course is over.

Anything you come in contact with would be helpful.

I plan to visit sephora, and look for collagen stimulating serums or moisturizers, as that is the only way to help flatten our scars. I will probably also ask my dermatologist for a gentle peel when I am ready, to try and remove the top layer of scarred tissue.

I'm a girl, too, and my scars are much worse than yours are.

I would recommend TCA cross because they're smaller. You could try excision, but they seem too superficial for something that invasive. You could also try retin-a/differin combined with a topical collagen builder, like copper peptides. They're not worth needling, IMO, because they're so small.

I'm a girl, too, and my scars are much worse than yours are.

I would recommend TCA cross because they're smaller. You could try excision, but they seem too superficial for something that invasive. You could also try retin-a/differin combined with a topical collagen builder, like copper peptides. They're not worth needling, IMO, because they're so small.

aw..do you think needling won't really help with my scarring? but my derm recommended to do auto stamping with my scars..now i'm really confused..i also heard about TCA cross but i've read some forums here where their scars got worse with it so i'm also kinda hesitant to do it.

but really thanks for the help :)

Edited by losingconfidence

derma rollers did nothing for mine and single needling made it worst. i would suggest you try fillers. i had good results from it. find someone who is skilled at doing so.

i understand how you feel. have you tried any topicals to help soften their appearance? i like dabbing my indents w/ vitamin e cream. it really does make them less noticable and easier to camouflage. your scars are not bad so i would start w/ topicals before needling.