Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Geez i have been posting so much lately, haha but im desperate for all the help i can get! :P

Okay so i have been reading more and more about this whole fungus thing on your face lately. I am wondering if i have this... I have been going to the derm for years for my acne and have tried everythinggg they have pretty much, and it still isnt gone at all. It just keeps getting worse, and in just the past couple months i have broken out into TONS of little bumps all over my foreahead. A lot are flesh colored, some are white, and some are kinda reddish. It didnt really start until i started using my Tazorac gel every night and the Solodyn antibiotic pills. I stopped using both though and the bumps are still there...

So do you think its just lots of clogged pores, or something like Pityrosporum or a different fungal thing on my skin??

They get itchy sometimes too and can't really be covered with makeup which sucks.

And i have tried like everythinggg to get rid of these little suckers and they just won't leave!

Okay so heres a picture that will maybe give you a better idea of what my face is like.

The pictures actually make the bumps not look as bad though because of the bright flash, but TRUST ME they are definitely there all right.

post-143089-1296793152_thumb.jpg

post-143089-1296793316_thumb.jpg

Edited by NeedAMiracle!

That looks like it could be it- especially if you got it after taking antibiotics. If you want to see if it's fungal, try washing your forehead twice a day with Nizoral shampoo. It's over the counter and gentle, and if it's fungal you should start to see results after a few days. Just make sure to leave it on 3-5 minutes before rinsing it.

Good luck!

That looks like it could be it- especially if you got it after taking antibiotics. If you want to see if it's fungal, try washing your forehead twice a day with Nizoral shampoo. It's over the counter and gentle, and if it's fungal you should start to see results after a few days. Just make sure to leave it on 3-5 minutes before rinsing it.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I will definitely have to try that. Is it at just any regular store?

Hey guys out there reading this! I have a new question for you today....

So my skin never looked this bad before. It seriously was NOTHING compared to how it looks now. Ever since i started using stuff from the derm. :/

So does anybody out there think that i got all this crazzy redness and irritation from using such harsh topical meds for so long?? I really don't have many zits with heads at all. Just sooo many little red bumps. I mean what is going on with my face?? Im not even sure if its all acne..

Geez i have been posting so much lately, haha but im desperate for all the help i can get! :P

Okay so i have been reading more and more about this whole fungus thing on your face lately. I am wondering if i have this... I have been going to the derm for years for my acne and have tried everythinggg they have pretty much, and it still isnt gone at all. It just keeps getting worse, and in just the past couple months i have broken out into TONS of little bumps all over my foreahead. A lot are flesh colored, some are white, and some are kinda reddish. It didnt really start until i started using my Tazorac gel every night and the Solodyn antibiotic pills. I stopped using both though and the bumps are still there...

So do you think its just lots of clogged pores, or something like Pityrosporum or a different fungal thing on my skin??

They get itchy sometimes too and can't really be covered with makeup which sucks.

And i have tried like everythinggg to get rid of these little suckers and they just won't leave!

Okay so heres a picture that will maybe give you a better idea of what my face is like.

The pictures actually make the bumps not look as bad though because of the bright flash, but TRUST ME they are definitely there all right.

Since you took antibiotics, it could be candida.

Omg! I can't believe we are in the same boat! I have the same problem. My "rash" started around my mouth but eventually made it's way to my chin and my left cheek.

I saw a derm and was told I have perioral dermatitis. He put me on tetracyclin and bunch of other topicals. Two to three days into taking the antibiotics, I woke up to my forhead covered in those exact same bumps that you have. It was very itchy around my hairline at first. Do you experience any itching? My skin is suddenly also very dry, which is unusual because I've had oily skin for years. I finally got rid of the "rash" on my forhead by only applying Neutrogena On the Spot Acne treatment (vanishing cream) morning and night. Literally after a day or two, the spots disappeared. However, since then my left cheek has blown up with these red bumps. I've tried the Neutrogena stuff but to no avail. It's just getting worse ;(

What we have doesn't even look like acne to me. It looks more like an angry rash/irritation ;(

I have the same situation and I've been using Tazorec cream for 2 months. Prior to the cream, I didn't have any acne on my forehead. I have some acne, but I think moreso, my skin is just irritated. I'd love to eliminate products for a while.

I think going natural would be great for my sensitive skin, but I'm worried about walking around not wearing sunscreen --> skin cancer. And if I DO wear sunscreen, then I'll have to use a cleanser to get it off. And if I use a cleanser, I'd have to use a moisturizer to balance my skin from the cleanser.

But I'm in an office from 9-6 so maybe during the winter I can get away without sunscreen? What do you think?

Omigosh its SO nice to know im not alone with this! Its just completely awful, and honestly i'd rather have just plain acne than deal with this nasty, red, rashy looking stuff on my face. I used to be able to cover up my acne pretty decently until now. These red bumps are IMPOSSIBLE to cover up and just stick out everywhere. Especially in the sunlight... OH GOD. I am so sorry that you guys have to deal with this too :(

BePimpled: Awh im sorry to hear that :/ And yes, my forehead is alwaysss itching! Especially on my hairline, just like you! It really sucks to go to the derm expecting that your face will start to look way better, then it ends up being just a total let-down, waste of money, and waste of time... Hmm maybe i should try some of that Neutrogena stuff; do you know the ingredients? Like what mostly is it? Benzoyl peroxide? Salicylic acid?

Lauren123: Once again, im so sorry to hear that your going through this too. Take it from someone who really knows, it SUCKS. I think i am gonna do the exact same thing and totalyy just go more natural and lay off those harsh chemicals. I stopped my Tazorac, antibiotics, and Acanya gel a while ago so hopefully that will help. And also, yeah im sure that would be fine. If your job is inside, not in the sun then you really don't need any ya know?

Your skin looks irritated. I had problems with harsh topicals in the past and it was all because I was using too much each time I applied my topicals, I was washing with too harsh of a wash, and I was reluctant to moisturize. Now I use a very small amount each time I apply topicals and I moisturize 15 minutes after applying topicals and my skin is now 99% clear. I use the Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and moisturize with emu oil at night and an emu oil based lotion in the mornings. I think that harsh topicals cause irritation when used in excess, using only a very small amount has proven to work wonders for my skin.

i agree that you look like your skin is irritated or rashy, not that it's acne. I too would try going really gently for a while and see if that helps.

btw, your eye color is really pretty!

i agree that you look like your skin is irritated or rashy, not that it's acne. I too would try going really gently for a while and see if that helps.

I wouldn't necessarily go gentle, but I would not only take antifungals, I would wash my face VERY gently in the shower and make sure to moisturize with jojoba oil every time after rinsing off something with astringent or drying properties. If you get any excess inflammation, icing is extremely underrated. I have very irritable, dry, red skin too, and sometimes get rashes like these, so those things might help.

Maybe it's eczema? I just started getting eczema on my hands and feet and it is flesh colored and red bumps that itch. It is important to get a diagnosis before experimenting with chemicals. I had thought I had a fungal issue too because it started on my feet but no, just extremely dry and irritated skin/eczema. I don't have it on my face though, I've been using cetaphil moisturizing cream for dry, sensitive skin on my face. My dermatologist had recommended it. I haven't had breakouts since using it.

Yeah that is what i am going to try out for a while and see how that goes.

& haha thankyou! :)