Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoraKidd

What can I do?

Been on the regimen for like a week now. Short time, i'm NOT going to give up on this, but I need to let steam off I guess.

Acne is mild/moderate, but I have fair skin so it's always there, sometimes it can be severe, I had a severe spurt around a year ago, major cysts and what not, but luckily they cleared. Now I'm left battling what's left but it honestly brings me down so much.

I moisturize,I apply the BP, I cleanse. I just, feel like I'm getting no where.

I don't want to be around my friends, I don't even want to meet new people because I just feel so ashamed about my face, I don't know what to do. I go to school and try to keep my head as low as possible. I run from class to class, then just get in my car and drive home.

I'm meant to be going out clubbing tomorrow night with some mates but I don't think I can face it. I may just cancel. My face is flakey, red, inflamed, acne ridden, ugly, looks like pizza to be honest. Low self esteem issues I guess, but I just want to sit in my room most of the time until it clears up. I'm not a confident person at all. I have a beautiful girlfriend.

She knows me for who I am, but she wants to go out next week, this is after a month of waiting 'cos she's been at Uni. I don't want to go out looking in the state im in right now, because i feel like I won't be representing myself as the best boyfriend I can be to her friends. Sort of like a 'why is she with HIM?' approach. Just getting me down.

Sorry to rant, rave, etc. Needed to get stuff off my chest, hopefully one of you may have some hints on how to plow through.

Dude I totally know what you mean/ how you feel. It sucks. But yes, the healing process of acne takes forevaaa, it really tests your patience and emotions. But hey, from what I've learned (you can look at my post and my scary pics) your friends are there to support you and they don't (well shouldn't) care about your skin cuz they're are your friends. Otherwise, why would they be asking you to go out and stuff. And your girlfriend, there's a reason she's still with you. Honestly there's not much you can do, but sitting around and pouting isn't gonna get you anywhere. Being ashamed just makes you more vulnerable to people noticing you and being on that higher level of confidence. Have confidence, let people know that you don't give a shit about what's on your face and show them and yourself a good time!

Hey! I agree with ShamBam. You should have confidence and just be happy. Life is too short to go on worrying about how your face looks. You are doing everything you can to help get rid of acne and that is all you can do right now. Just live your life. You shouldn't let it burden you that much. Believe me, we all understand and know exactly where you are coming from. It is hard to just forget about it and get passed it but you have to. You have friends and a girlfriend who obviously love you for you and if you get hung up on being insecure, you are going to miss out on the great things in life. Just smile and be the best person you can be. Cheers :)

Been on the regimen for like a week now. Short time, i'm NOT going to give up on this, but I need to let steam off I guess.

Acne is mild/moderate, but I have fair skin so it's always there, sometimes it can be severe, I had a severe spurt around a year ago, major cysts and what not, but luckily they cleared. Now I'm left battling what's left but it honestly brings me down so much.

I moisturize,I apply the BP, I cleanse. I just, feel like I'm getting no where.

I don't want to be around my friends, I don't even want to meet new people because I just feel so ashamed about my face, I don't know what to do. I go to school and try to keep my head as low as possible. I run from class to class, then just get in my car and drive home.

I'm meant to be going out clubbing tomorrow night with some mates but I don't think I can face it. I may just cancel. My face is flakey, red, inflamed, acne ridden, ugly, looks like pizza to be honest. Low self esteem issues I guess, but I just want to sit in my room most of the time until it clears up. I'm not a confident person at all. I have a beautiful girlfriend.

She knows me for who I am, but she wants to go out next week, this is after a month of waiting 'cos she's been at Uni. I don't want to go out looking in the state im in right now, because i feel like I won't be representing myself as the best boyfriend I can be to her friends. Sort of like a 'why is she with HIM?' approach. Just getting me down.

Sorry to rant, rave, etc. Needed to get stuff off my chest, hopefully one of you may have some hints on how to plow through.

It's really hard sometimes to hold your head high and be confident when you feel your skin just looks terrible, I understand that. That being said, know on the regimen you're headed for beautiful clear skin! :) The flakiness and redness are all only temporary and at the end of the day does it really matter if people see you with flaky red skin or pimples? I mean I know it feels like a huge deal but it's really not. Most people aren't even going to notice or if they notice they wont care, and what they think of your skin shouldn't affect you at all. :)

If I'm out in public and I see someone with less-than-perfect skin I don't think anything of it. Let your personality shine through, hold your head high and have fun. Don't let your skin affect the fun times you have with your friends and I bet your girlfriend would much rather have her boyfriend be happy and confident than holding his head low and worrying about what her friends think of him. I'm sure you have a fantastic personality, forget your skin and let that shine through. :)

I'm on the regimen as well and all this past week I've gone out with a LOT less makeup on than usual and my skin flaking so bad I've looked like I have a skin disease. LOL It wasn't a big deal though because I didn't let it be. :) My friends acted exactly as awesome as they always are, strangers were just as happy to return smiles and friendly chit chat as they always were, and the only one who thought anything of my flaky, pimply skin was me. Don't let your skin rule your life, you don't need to keep your head low, hold it up and be proud of you, perfect skin or not! :)