Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HepKat562

Body Acne in the nether regions

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I have dealt with Acne since high school and never did have money for a derm until after my first real job after college. I used to have acne pretty much everywhere except my legs. I have icepick scars on my cheeks (from blackheads) and scars on my back. I have had pretty much every type of acne I think blackheads, cysts, nodules, pimples, etc. When I fist got to a derm at 24 I had already tried every product on the market with little to no success. First thing he did was put me on Accutane for a year and a half. It was tough super dry skin especially lips but the pain was worth it the backne cleared up and just left scars and my face pretty much stopped having pimples. Now at 31 I still have activity but since losing my job I have no money or health insurance to pay for a derm.

This is where I need the advice of you guys to help clear up what I have left. The last places of activity are in my crotch area, behind my ears and some on my head. I sometimes get these big cyst like ones that feel like a marble and they hurt. They are like under the surface of the skin but once they mature they pop and make a mess. These hurt very badly that it makes it hard to walk or sit sometimes. I get them also on the inside crease of the legs right by the genital area. I also get these cysts in my armpits which can be very painful too. To not leave any info out I am a little hairy not gorilla man or anything but yes hairy I read some other people describe that in their posts to. I currently do not have a regimen that I am on. I would like some tips on what to use as my acne is very stubborn. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Hey you should check out my post.. has some pics of my skin right now.

So basically, I went through antibiotics, topicals, etc before. Ever since I had another insane breakout ( a couple months ago) I've decided to take a different route and test whether my acne was affected by what I was consuming. And I have to say, (well for me and many others) it does affect your acne. I just changed my diet and consumed more water and supplements.

Honestly I kinda just skimmed through your post, but how are you treating your skin now?

Also, I think you said you "just started" breaking out in the creases of your crotch and armpit? Well have you considered maybe that its your clothing?

Just my insight, wouldn't expect it to help much, but good luck!

Hey you should check out my post.. has some pics of my skin right now.

So basically, I went through antibiotics, topicals, etc before. Ever since I had another insane breakout ( a couple months ago) I've decided to take a different route and test whether my acne was affected by what I was consuming. And I have to say, (well for me and many others) it does affect your acne. I just changed my diet and consumed more water and supplements.

Honestly I kinda just skimmed through your post, but how are you treating your skin now?

Also, I think you said you "just started" breaking out in the creases of your crotch and armpit? Well have you considered maybe that its your clothing?

Just my insight, wouldn't expect it to help much, but good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I guess what I am trying to find is regimens that work for people who also had acne problems in those areas. I have always had acne in my armpits and crotch area but even after Accuntane when everything else pretty much cleared up I still get activity in the armpit and crotch area. I have been reading all day since I joined earlier today on peoples success but I guess I wanted to a regimen from some one who had those same problem areas as me. A couple of questions that came to mind are does hair removal from those areas help? Also, does a deodorant affect the effectiveness of any products for the armpits?

Just wondering if anybody out there has a regimen that helps clear up body acne from high inner thigh area and just above the private parts like the waistband area There is also issues in the armpit area. The acne is usually cystic in nature. Sometimes huge and painful especially around the inner thighs where it is very hard to walk sometimes. Armpits are the same. Please help. Thanks