Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eazy^

Scars/Redmarks while on Tane

i know theres a bunch of these posts, but in all of them it just says dont get laser done while on tane. i have serious redmarks that are under my eyes and on my nose so it makes my face look pretty bad.they are from cysts so they arent little ones either, as of acne itself i only have a few small actives which is fantastic. i knooooow SOMEONE has had success with fading redmarks while on accutane i just need to know the best stuff to use. i have apple cider vinegar now and emu oil is on the way, im hoping those 2 will give me good results.

I think listening to doctors is right in saying that time heals best

I have tried everything from ACV, to egg whites, to cuccumbers and all types of shit, none were miracle cures and maybe even prolonged the healing of my skin.

I am on accutane now and the only things that go on my face are: water, cleanser, cetaphil face lotion non cosmogenic spf 15 and jojoba oil.

With those 2 lotions helping speed up the natural healing process of my face it has given me better results in 'fading' my red marks than all of those products in the past.

It has almost been 1 month since only using those simple things and starting accutane and my red marks have been fading at a fantastic rate I believe and can't wait to see how far along they come in 2 months.

It is slow and will be slow no matter what unless you do laser surgery or something

Im having the same issue. Ive had redness sin places i had real bad acne and even a sorta purplish spot where i had a bad cyst I asked my derm and she sold me a hydrocortisone (1%) cream. But i know that wont do the trick for me. Ive been using facial cleanser and mositurizing but now i just use the cortizone cream instead of the moisturizer 2x daily as she said.

Ive been noticing others use a different kind of cetaphil moisturizer than i do though. This is the one i use http://www.cetaphil.com/Products/MoisturizingLotion.aspx

There are so many cetaphil moisturizers can somebody link the one that has worked reducce their redness please.

*Also has anyone had success with purplish marks.?

i think ACV was making mine a little worse so i just broke a piece of my aloe plant off and im using this, hopefully it works well. i have 1 big brown/purple mark from a bad cyst and then a bunch of big red marks from cysts

I just use savlon and sudocrem from when its a spot until the red mark has disappeared, I had a huge cyst about 11days ago and you wouldnt even know it had been there now :).

What is savlon and sudocrem? Is it over the counter ointment?

And how does it help red marks? and will it help red marks that are already formed?

I just use savlon and sudocrem from when its a spot until the red mark has disappeared, I had a huge cyst about 11days ago and you wouldnt even know it had been there now :).

I love savlon on and cuts I get on the body and did try it on a few spot pre-accutane , with some success.

Does it leave much redness after the spot has gone if used as spot treatment whilst on accutane)?

i hsould have wrote that they are old redmarks from cysts i know its alot harder to fade older marks than new ones, will those creams work decent on old redmarks?