Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sc76

Question About Makeup Removal and Toner

I am new to this product and community, so please forgive me if this has been posted anywhere else. I looked for a bit and found nothing.

Anyway, I just placed my first order for the kit this morning, so I have yet to use it. But I was wondering, how well is makeup removed with the way the cleansing step is supposed to be done? I have always used a washcloth, but now know that's a no-no. Will my makeup come off just by using my fingertips to wash my face? By makeup I mean foundation and loose powder.

Also, I have seen no mention of using a toner with this regimen. I currently use pure witch hazel as a toner and am wondering if it's OK to still use or will this interfere with the regimen?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice!

No wash cloth. Just wash with your bare hands and the cleanser. The cleanser gets most makeup off fine, however if yours is stubborn you can remove it first with some jojoba oil on a cotton ball (gently!) then follow up with the cleanser.

Toners are basically unnecessary. More here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#toner The Regimen works just fine without one.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, Brandy!

I always assumed a toner was necessary to tighten pores. I also thought it was necessary to use one to help remove dirt washing may have missed. I will go without my toner and see if that helps. I also appreciate the link you provided. I will read over it because it looks like it has a lot of useful information.

Thanks again!

I am new to this product and community, so please forgive me if this has been posted anywhere else. I looked for a bit and found nothing.

Anyway, I just placed my first order for the kit this morning, so I have yet to use it. But I was wondering, how well is makeup removed with the way the cleansing step is supposed to be done? I have always used a washcloth, but now know that's a no-no. Will my makeup come off just by using my fingertips to wash my face? By makeup I mean foundation and loose powder.

Also, I have seen no mention of using a toner with this regimen. I currently use pure witch hazel as a toner and am wondering if it's OK to still use or will this interfere with the regimen?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice!

Before I started the regimen I used a cleansing scrub to wash my face, and it was fairly harsh so of course my makeup came off just from washing my face. The first night I did the regimen I washed with my new cleanser the way Dan described and my makeup didn't come off at ALL. LOL I was like, "Uh oh, this might be bad." So I read around on here and noticed a lot of women saying that they used jojoba oil to remove their makeup. It works beautifully!

What I do is before I cleanse my face I VERY gently (Like when you wash), rub jojoba oil on my skin, the makeup just breaks up beautifully and when I wash afterwards with the cleanser it completely removes all makeup residue. I take my eye makeup off with eye makeup remover though. :)

That's what's been working really well for me!