Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jfkwasgay

Need a good no shine lib balm, any suggestions?

Hi, I finished a 5 month course of accutane 2 months ago but my lips are still chapped. I used aquaphor during the treatment but my friend asked me during winter break why my lips were all lubed up and said I looked like a gay guy and a vegas show girl. This obviously made me slef concious of the shine these products give off and being a guy I dont want really shiny lips. Saying that I need a chap stick or lip balm that is good but wont make my lips shiny.

I have tried neutrogena, burts bees(i might be allergic) and both werent good.

any help is appreciated.

You could try a pure cocoa butter stick - Walgreens has them in a bright yellow tube (bigger than chapstick) near the lotions. That's the only thing I can think of besides Burt's that isn't shiny.

I know this thread's been quiet for a while but I put on some lip balm and noticed it was matte and thought of this thread. I used Co. Bigelow lemon lip balm (you can get it at Bath & Body Works). When you put it on it looks like there's nothing there. Super yummy lemon flavor too ;) but don't worry other ppl can't smell it. It's in a lipstick-like tube (sorry) but it's worth it. if you end up really liking it if you try it on in the store I recommend stocking up on 2 or 3 cuz they get used up pretty fast, esp. if that's the only thing you use.

jojoba oil works for dryness but not sure if it will be enough to moisturize. I was on accutane a few years ago and remember the dryness and cracking. More recently, I use jojoba oil on my lips because I had these pimples on or near my lip line constantly! (I actually used lip stainer on thursday and have two new small pimples on my lipline ugh). Jojoba oil will soften your lips and has no taste or smell to it.

Apply butter, olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil or Vaseline for chapped lips. Though till will take sometime, but is definitely a natural cure for chapped lips.

For me, just regular Blistex chapstick isn't shiny at all. Neither is Softlips, although I'm not sure a guy would want Softlips. Guess it doesn't really matter though.

Softlips is the most matte and non-shiny one I've found.

Hey there, as a guy I can understand your concern. I don't know if its still available but Blistex has a lip balm marketed to guys (drawing of guy's face on package) called Clear Advance. I haven't seen it at the DS for some time now. I currently use Neutrogena Hand Cream (Norwegian Formula). Yes, I said hand cream, but it works!

Edited by dgman