Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jets0006

please help my describe my acne !!! i need serious help

hi all! sooo please help me!..im way to insecure to put any pictures of myself up because i cant look at myself( shallow i know) but im gonna try and describe my acne an hopfully you guys can help. so currently on the right side of my chin i have about 5 actives, 3 are pretty red and hurt to the touch while the other two hurt to the touch but a white head is visible. on my other side i have one active on my left side of chin followed by little blackheads that never seem to go away. on my nose i have 1 blackhead that looks like it might turn into something more..ah im scared for that one :(..and on my forehead i have what looked like little white bumps but when i wash my face in the morning i feel more bigger size bumps that dont hurt but is under the skin. if you can please help me describe my acne it would be great..sorry i wont post any pictures :/....

and right now i just switchedhed to using bp followed by clean and clear dual moisturizer ..is there an initial break out with bp? and how long does it usually last? i started using it last night and feel like my pimples may have gotten worse although no new actives formed. i am also about 7 weeks into taking minocycline 100 mg 2x a day... if someone..anyone..could help you would make my day much better!!

I'm not an acne expert, but wanted to reply anyway since I know what it's like to post and have no replies ;)

It sounds mild/moderate to me, but like I said, I'm no expert and I'm going by your descriptions. Hopefully BP can whip your skin into shape. I believe an IB is common with any acne medication. BP can vbe very drying and irritating (it is to me anyway), so your skin will need some time to adjust. Give it a couple months and see how it goes.

good luck!

Thanks so much for responding! I heard there was an initial breakout with using bp I just dont know how bad. I honestly had this in my cabinet for a week because I was afraid to use it but my other acne wash was doing absolutley nothing for me so I decided to make the leap and go for this.

Does anybody else have any suggestions??

I've heard people have had purging with their skin after using BP, which is when all the bacteria comes to the surface and you break out. I, personally, didn't experience it. I would try BP out, but go slow at first to try to get your skin to adjust. I've been using BP for years, and I use about four pumps of BP a day. It works well for me.