Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A large pimple sprouted up on Tuesday. Last night after my shower it had a juicy head on it, so I pricked it hoping the infection would ooze out and I can put some medicine on it. Nothing oozed out, and I didn't want to squeeze it, that would just make it bigger! So I just put medicine on it and went to bed.

This morning, it's a little less swollen but it still hurts. No head either. So I wash my face and dab a little Jessner's peel on it to see if it will help with the swelling. I only do this when a big pimple pops up and frankly, this big sucker is an eye sore on my clear face.

I held a cu-tip with the jessner solution on the pimple until it burned slightly. I took it off and the pimple turned white, like when the frosting occurs when you get a peel done.

What does the white mean?

It means your pimple had the same reaction as normal skin does, it developed dead skin "frost" on top of it. I'd dab it with some antibiotic ointment and leave it alone...

Putting a stronger acid on wounded skin doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Are you sure this hasn't caused issues before?

It means your pimple had the same reaction as normal skin does, it developed dead skin "frost" on top of it. I'd dab it with some antibiotic ointment and leave it alone...

Putting a stronger acid on wounded skin doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Are you sure this hasn't caused issues before?

I don't do this often, but in the past it either took away the inflammation pretty quickly or dried out the pimple and it peeled off the next day.

Didn't seem to do that this time. Does the acid penetrate the pimple at all?

Jessners does have salicylic acid in it,which does penetrate the pore. Sometimes things just don't work 100% of the time. The inflammation of the pimple could have made it harder for the acid to go into the pore,as well.

The frosting does sound normal though.