Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rebel1992

Can these foods be healthy?

Hey guys, I posted a thread on how I can eat more healtily a while ago.... And have been taking all opinions seriously....

I have started to eat less rice but more meat- regardless of whether lean or not.... And have also taken hcl supp with every meal and digestive enzymes to help meself out.... Neways... Recently, I though of several foods and tried to search on google if they are healthy but all they tell is the no. Of calories it contains...

Here they are....

1. Whipped potatoes KFC

2. Cold slore KFC- can't spell it right

3. Aloe Vera orally...- the food kind

anyways I hope you can tell me if these are at least acceptable for someone suffering from severe acne and also not to mention if you could tell me other things that taste as good as the whipped potatoes that are healthy...

Thx

Hey guys, I posted a thread on how I can eat more healtily a while ago.... And have been taking all opinions seriously....

I have started to eat less rice but more meat- regardless of whether lean or not.... And have also taken hcl supp with every meal and digestive enzymes to help meself out.... Neways... Recently, I though of several foods and tried to search on google if they are healthy but all they tell is the no. Of calories it contains...

Here they are....

1. Whipped potatoes KFC

anyways I hope you can tell me if these are at least acceptable for someone suffering from severe acne and also not to mention if you could tell me other things that taste as good as the whipped potatoes that are healthy...

Thx

Stay away from KFC seriously if you want to be healthy. I'd personally go back to rice (keeping quantity lowish) rather than eat 1 & 2.

Make sure you eat lots of green & orange veg as the primary part of the diet, alongside healthy meat (organic) & fats. Stay away from anything processed. If you need extra carbs, try things like baked sweet potatoes, or a small portion of rice is likely ok.

Edited by wibble

Here they are....

1. Whipped potatoes KFC

Thx

Stay away from KFC seriously if you want to be healthy. I'd personally go back to rice (keeping quantity lowish) rather than eat 1 & 2.

Make sure you eat lots of green & orange veg as the primary part of the diet, alongside healthy meat (organic) & fats. Stay away from anything processed. If you need extra carbs, try things like baked sweet potatoes, or a small portion of rice is likely ok.

i didnt get you... so whipped potatoes from KFC are refined????? and have no nutritional value whatsoever?

From KFC website:

Mashed Potatoes

Potatoes, Salt, Maltodextrin, Whey Product [Containing Whey Solids, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Product), Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Stearoyl-2-lactylate, Calcium Hydroxide], Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Soybean and Cottonseed), Mono and Diglycerides, Artificial Colors, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Calcium Stearoyl-2-lactylate, Spice. Freshness Preserved with Sodium Bisulfite, and BHT. Liquid and Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soybean Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, TBHO and Citric Acid Added to Protect Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Dimethylpolysidoxane, An Anti-foaming Agent Added.

Contains Milk and Soy.

OR

Potatoes (Color and Flavor Protected with Sodium Bisulfite, Citric Acid, and BHT), Salt, Corn Syrup Solids, Butter, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Monoglycerides, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Nonfat Milk, Natural Flavor, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Caseinate, Potassium Phosphate, Artificial Flavor, Mono-and Diglycerides, Artificial Color. Liquid and Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soybean Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, TBHO and Citric Acid Added to Protect Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Dimethylpolysidoxane, An Anti-foaming Agent Added.

Contains Milk, Soy and Wheat.

*Will contain one of the ingredient statements above, depending upon regional suppliers

I don't know about you, but when I make mashed potatoes at home, I make sure not to forget the liquid partially hydrogenated soybean oil and dimethylpolysidoxane... it's just not the same without it.

From KFC website:

Mashed Potatoes

Potatoes, Salt, Maltodextrin, Whey Product [Containing Whey Solids, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Product), Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Stearoyl-2-lactylate, Calcium Hydroxide], Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Soybean and Cottonseed), Mono and Diglycerides, Artificial Colors, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Calcium Stearoyl-2-lactylate, Spice. Freshness Preserved with Sodium Bisulfite, and BHT. Liquid and Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soybean Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, TBHO and Citric Acid Added to Protect Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Dimethylpolysidoxane, An Anti-foaming Agent Added.

Contains Milk and Soy.

OR

Potatoes (Color and Flavor Protected with Sodium Bisulfite, Citric Acid, and BHT), Salt, Corn Syrup Solids, Butter, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Monoglycerides, Sodium Pyrophosphate, Nonfat Milk, Natural Flavor, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Caseinate, Potassium Phosphate, Artificial Flavor, Mono-and Diglycerides, Artificial Color. Liquid and Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Salt, Soybean Lecithin, Natural and Artificial Flavor, TBHO and Citric Acid Added to Protect Flavor, Beta Carotene (Color), Dimethylpolysidoxane, An Anti-foaming Agent Added.

*Will contain one of the ingredient statements above, depending upon regional suppliers

I don't know about you, but when I make mashed potatoes at home, I make sure not to forget the liquid partially hydrogenated soybean oil and dimethylpolysidoxane... it's just not the same without it.

I'm liking this comment!!! Yeah KFC = disgusting!! make your own taters, way healthier and way better!! Go to the library and read everything you can on nutrition...sounds like you need alot of help. No offense, good luck on your endeavors :)

From KFC website:

Mashed Potatoes

Contains Milk and Soy.

OR

man, thanks for that... n wow, never knew that it is a tough task to eat healthy...

From KFC website:

Mashed Potatoes

Contains Milk and Soy.

OR

man, thanks for that... n wow, never knew that it is a tough task to eat healthy...

It's not hard to eat healthy at all....it's actually very easy. Just educate yourself :) GO TO THE LIBRARY, GO ONLINE.

You're better off making meals at home than going out anyways.

Potatoes are good "fillers" in stews when I'm doing things cheaply,but have to include other things for nutrients. Have a side of lightly steamed or raw veggies with your meals. I'm personally a huge spinach and broccoli fan.

I don't know at what temperatures veggies start losing their nutritional value,but I like all my veggies to still have a crunch to them anyways.If I cook them into something it's just because it needs to be thawed out from the freezer, otherwise I just cut them and put it onto the already prepared food.

Instead of beef, get ground turkey or chicken.

Also when I'm feeling the need for something cheap, I buy bags of dried beans and lentils. They do have B vitamins in them as well. You have to soak that kind of stuff overnight, but the results are worth the prep time! You can make a meal out of it by lightly cooking the soaked beans in tomato paste,a little brown sugar,thawing some peas and broccoli(and maybe carrots!) into it,and piling the mixture over rice.If you have the peas and broccoli fresh then just add them after the bean mixture is cooked.

It ends up really cheap while still having minerals and vitamins for you.

You can buy decent sized (and priced) blueberries in the frozen section to toss in your morning oatmeal/cereal.I add them to the oatmeal right after it's done cooking so the blueberries are just thawed out.Tastes very good! You can add whatever fruit you like,though some fruit is obviously more nutritional than others.Wikipedia often lists the nutritional information of foods on it.

Some cereals and oatmeals that have fruit bits mixed in them might not even be real fruit. Fresh/frozen fruit is better anyways.

A lot of people also eat salads for their diet, but the type of lettuce you get really does matter. Iceburg lettuce is pretty much just water. I prefer romaine lettuce.

There's a lot of stuff you can put on top of salads as well. I like to pile on some broccoli,spinach,mushrooms,carrots,and sometimes a heaping spoonful of sunflower seeds.

What you eat might also be altered by food sensitivities. Some people with acne find milk or gluten negatively effects them.

You should also look up information about organic vs. non-organic foods and make your own educated decision.

You can still have your precious KFC, but try spanning out your visits every few months and pay mind to portion size.

Potatoes themselves aren't exactly the most nutritious thing out there in the first place, or regular old brown/white potatoes aren't that is.

And i think its safe to say ALL fast food/prepackaged food isn't good for a regular person, let alone someone with skin problems.

Its not that hard to eat healthy once you get the hang of it, and -healthy- food really does taste good, but i'll admit fast food tastes really fucking good sometimes too.

Just stay away from KFC for a while and learn the art of homemade potatoes.

Potatoes themselves aren't exactly the most nutritious thing out there in the first place, or regular old brown/white potatoes aren't that is.

And i think its safe to say ALL fast food/prepackaged food isn't good for a regular person, let alone someone with skin problems.

Its not that hard to eat healthy once you get the hang of it, and -healthy- food really does taste good, but i'll admit fast food tastes really fucking good sometimes too.

Just stay away from KFC for a while and learn the art of homemade potatoes.

well man, I do know why you re saying... But well me living in an asian country kinda revolves arnd carbs- rice... So that I won't be cutting out.. And also due to acne.org - I have learned not all meat are good... First things first - I only eat fish and chicken... Pork and beef are a NO... Usually I eat steamed chicken- and also try to get steamed fish most of the time.... Btw... Is there a way to get healthy meat that can be done in say a few minutes... (som1 mentioned abt packaged lean meat)... Then vegetables - I eat a variety of them when I can get my hands on....fruits not too often though... The one I eat very often is guava- with that sweet/sour powder...

Can my current diet be impoved NOT in the sense of acne BUT in genealogy for my well being and digestive health.?

Thx

aloe vera should be Great for you, as long as it's not sweetened with sugar, and even honey or mollases. So aim for a plain one and optionally sweeten it with stevia or ksylitol.

try to choose brown rice over white one, and limit its prevalence in diet to 1/3 of the total food intake. it will already make much difference, as grains constitute ~1/2 of food intake in most common modern diets. i am a low-carb advocate for health purpose, but as i dig into diets, most probleme- causing modern ones are high carbs, based on grains (~1/2 of overall food intake), and traditional 'balanced' diets tend to be like 1/3 grain, 1/3 protein (meat, usually), 1/3 veggies. So maybe try out this model, as it seems more approachable for you than giving up rice altogether.

and yeah, if you're in an asian country, if you really have no choice as to eat cheaply, fast and outside home... street vendors seem a much better choice than fast food chains. however they lack in promotion and presentation ;)

Can my current diet be impoved NOT in the sense of acne BUT in genealogy for my well being and digestive health.?

Thx

Edited by annayake