Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So Im getting a little fed up with the flakes on my face and the moisturizer from this site. I decided to put some Vaseline on to see if it would end up keeping the flakes at bay, but it's making my face sort of red. It's also burning but I honestly don't think it's that bad. I'm planning to keep it on my face for the night.

Has anyone else experienced this with Vaseline? I don't know what to do and I searched online and couldn't really find anything about anyone's face burning from it.

It might have menthol in it, which is highly irritating to some in that particular amount.

There's a vaseline version without menthol that would be better.

Apparently my derm Said Vaseline has amazing healing properties! I had a wax burn and he said to use Vaseline and it will heal quicker and disappear! And he's right it healed in a week and there's a darkish mark left wich I'm using scarzone on until I see him again. You should five pure vitamin e oil a try it will soothe the redness and moisturize your skin. I use a little with my vitamin e moisturizer every night. Maybe it cold

Be something in the Vaseline as the above use posted! Try aquaphor Its amazing for dry flaky skin.

Okay thanks! Maybe it was the BP that I used before it that also increased the irritation. My Face is still a little red from last night but it doesn't burn at all.

I got some jojoba oil today so I'll try that for a while and if that doesn't work I'll look into a vitamin e Moisturizer.

In my opinion vaseline is the best moisturizer there is. The only downside is the strange looks the chemists gives you - wondering what your going to do with it - when you buy a huge tub and your a boy. :P

Edited by Claudio

It's probably the BP. I've used both plain Vaseline and Aquaphor on top of the BP and it always, always burns like crazy. But if I use them without BP it's fine. There really isn't a fix for it, it's just not a good mix haha.

I find that AHA, when used properly, can really help with flakes. Are you using jojoba oil? It is a lifesaver for me. I also don't like Dan's moisturizer... it burned my skin and never moisturized enough. I'm currently devoted to Neutrogena Sensitive Skin. I've have prior success with CeraVe's moisturizer, too, but it doesn't mesh well with the BP usually.

Hahaha I really wish it would work for me, but it didn't even help with flakiness. It actually made it worse.

I ordered some jojoba oil and have been waiting for it to come but thankfully it came today! Yeah, I really dont like the moisturizer either. I didnt use the old formula from the regimen because I started it about a month ago but I know this one definitely does not help much with flakes and it gives my skin a yellowish tint, ugh.. Ive had people say I look tanner but it's only the moisterizer that makes my skin that way.

I'm definitely planning on using the jojoba oil tonight as a scrub and in the moisturizer.

Edited by woah21

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

i just dont understand ppl how can vaseline be moisturizing? :confused: its thick n heavy as hellz, doesnt go thru at all, and feels almost the same as applying plasticine on yo face, it just IS there n does nothing but stay on top of skin n makes u shine like lump of grease? :ermm:

but apparently its like wildest thing evar? V anyhow but this vid is lolness fo sho

">

Bunny, it protects your skin from the air and doesn't let the moisture on your skin to dry out. It's not directly moisturizing, but it does help indirectly.

(I hope I'm right about that,it sounds good in my head)

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

ok i see now! i think ur right, if so then it would make sense to apply it after moisturizer maybe? :/

but still its such a mess to have it on face, hair sticks to it n u shine like theres no tomorrow n blah, so its a naw for me. >_>

What a COMMERCIAL this looks like.. Ive seen this stuff Alll the time.. They pay celebs like this to promote things all the time.

She prob imo doesn't even use it.

I wear Vaseline every night on my skin. (Some times i ignore the cheek since it has acne scars on it). Yeah i feel the burning too occasionally. Its made my skin softer and its healed the flakes too.