Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

regimen without cleanser?

Guest Timehealsall

Why can we just use regular water to clean our face before applying BP?

I believe that using cleanser removes oils and other stuff so that the BP can actually absorb into your skin. It would probably work okay to just use water but the BP might not penetrate as well.

I believe that using cleanser removes oils and other stuff so that the BP can actually absorb into your skin. It would probably work okay to just use water but the BP might not penetrate as well.

The point of a cleanser is to get the surface of the skin clean in preparation for the benzoyl peroxide. BP needs to be able to penetrate into the pore to do its job. It has a hard time getting down in there if there is a layer of oil, dead skin cells, makeup, etc on your skin. Washing with just water, which is really actually only "rinsing" will not get the oil and other stuff off your skin.

:lol:

Why do i find your posts so amusing?

Also to OP: Go ahead and try it if you want, might break you out, but then again it might work, as long as you rinse pretty thoroughly.

I've debated skipping cleanser at night because my skin feels pretty damn clean after being in the shower for 30 minutes or so and scrubbing off dead skin, but i've yet to try it, and it won't really save me time since i'm in there anyway, but i might try it one of these days, to save a bit of money.