Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamesgarney

Once/day regimen?

I've been doing the Regimen faithfully (all three products from Dan) for almost 3 years, and, of course, I've seen drastic improvements in my skin. However, now I'm at the same crossroads a lot of long-time users seem to arrive at one way or another: how do I know when my body has completed it's "acne phase" and I can end the Regimen?

As a precursor to that, I've been considering going on a once/day Regiment "diet" to see if I break out more than normal (which is 1-2 pimples every... few months?). I purposely skipped several applications in the last week or so to see if anything would change, and I'm going to give it a few weeks to cycle through and see if I notice an unusual appearance of pimples.

Has anyone successfully weened themselves off the Regimen? Or does anyone out there do it once/day and still remain 99% breakout free?

P.S. For reference, I'm 24 and I've been done with puberty for at least 3-4 years. But I had acne into my early-20s, hence the Regimen, so I'm hesitant to really attempt stopping it until my late-20s, honestly! I'm an actor, so I (literally) can't afford to suddenly start suffering from acne again!

Edited by jamesgarney

The regimen isn't a cure, its a treatment, its printed on the bottles.

Maybe you might be able to stop the regimen, maybe not, but if you want to take the chance of having to start all the way over, then be my guest.

Or you could continue on with the regimen, and continue to be clear, maybe you can get away with applying the regimen once a day, once every other day, or maybe a few times a week, but chances are, you'll need to keep applying it for a while.

Well, thank you for replying but adding nothing whatsoever to the conversation.

Well, thank you for replying but adding nothing whatsoever to the conversation.

I'm aware it's a treatment. I never said it wasn't.

Maybe you might be able to stop the regimen, maybe not, but if you want to take the chance of having to start all the way over, then be my guest.

Or you could continue on with the regimen, and continue to be clear, maybe you can get away with applying the regimen once a day, once every other day, or maybe a few times a week, but chances are, you'll need to keep applying it for a while.

"Be your guest"? I'm not really sure how this statement has any relevance to my post. Furthermore, you just wrote two paragraphs that basically say "yeah, you can try that, or not try that. whatever." So I'm a little confused as to why you posted at all.

Have you ever tried it once/day? Or do you know someone who has? No? Ok, thank you.

Yeah, i'm sorry, i realized the other day that you meant doing it once a day. not stopping it alltogether >_<

I was half asleep when i posted that, i'm seriously sorry for offending you, lots of people just make threads asking if they can stop the regimen and stay clear, and it just irks me a bit.

And i'm sure its fine to do BP once a day, i plan on doing that in a couple more days. lots of people on here can get away with applying it once a day, and they stay clear.

We can't predict how this would go for you. The only thing you can do is try. Reduce your applications to once daily and just see how it goes. Keep an eye on your skin. If you notice breakouts returning, then you will need to decide if you are going to go back to twice daily usage or not.

If you can't really afford to deal with breakouts again due to your line of work, then I'd think long and hard about what is the bigger inconvenience............this twice daily acne regimen that keeps your skin clear, or risking breakouts and having to deal with the emotional aspect as well as your career. It can take awhile to get it all back under control again, even if you decide to return to twice daily usage.

Just give it a lot of thought before you do it.

Good luck!