Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melissa6980

Good concealer for dry, acne prone skin

I'm so confused. I'm looking for a great concealer that will cover my acne and red marks well especially on my chin and last a long time. My chin tends to be dry and a little flaky. I put on moisturizer first, wait for it to dry and then use my Mary Kay concealer which I follow with Covergirl powder. It doesn't always seem to give the best coverage. Any advice would be appreciated. I need something that won't break me out.

I really love Clinique concealers, and they come with yellow or pink undertones so they match better. This sounds weird but I've been using the one meant for undereyes for years. The lady at the counter said it contains anti-inflammatory ingredients and it doesn't make me break out, and it's moisturizing so it doesn't look chalky and weird.

okay well a few months ago i found the BEST concealer ever. it works GREAT for coverage and its a mineral concealer so its awesome. sad news tho they discontinued the product, its AVON's smooth mineral concealer. idk why they discontinued it! i emailed them and i know a lot of other customers were really upset. idk what im going to do, im going crazy cuz im running outof my one that i have.

Valerie-

That drives me crazy when companies discontinue products I like, grrr. Have you tried looking on Ebay? Maybe you could get some more Avon that way and stock up for at least a little while? If the makeup you get has a date, I'd ask the seller about that if they don't mention it in the listing. Is there usually a date on makeup anyway, I haven't checked? I think Mary Kay changed their formula a while back. It used to say full coverage concealer, they also discontinued their light ivory so I had to go to a little bit darker shade and I'm really fair, but on Ebay, I see they do have a few people selling the old Mary Kay products, they do charge a little more for discontinued stuff.

I think part of my problem is I've always used the concealer kind of like a light foundation/concealer. I'll take little dots and kind of lightly pat just a little bit of it over my cheeks and forehead to tone down general redness and it works well cause it's got a yellow undertone even though I'm more of a pink undertone. With my chin being a little dry and red from the topicals, I just put a little concealer on any red marks and pimples there and leave the rest of my chin bare except for powder to set. I find it's hard to blend yellow to look natural next to red but it looks better than having caky concealer over the patches of skin on my chin that are clear.

bare minerals foundation is the best for covering up. but i use this neutrogena concealer stick, its amazing!!!! if your skin is dry i'd suggest a primer so your foundation looks less flaky!

Valerie-

That drives me crazy when companies discontinue products I like, grrr. Have you tried looking on Ebay? Maybe you could get some more Avon that way and stock up for at least a little while? If the makeup you get has a date, I'd ask the seller about that if they don't mention it in the listing. Is there usually a date on makeup anyway, I haven't checked? I think Mary Kay changed their formula a while back. It used to say full coverage concealer, they also discontinued their light ivory so I had to go to a little bit darker shade and I'm really fair, but on Ebay, I see they do have a few people selling the old Mary Kay products, they do charge a little more for discontinued stuff.

I think part of my problem is I've always used the concealer kind of like a light foundation/concealer. I'll take little dots and kind of lightly pat just a little bit of it over my cheeks and forehead to tone down general redness and it works well cause it's got a yellow undertone even though I'm more of a pink undertone. With my chin being a little dry and red from the topicals, I just put a little concealer on any red marks and pimples there and leave the rest of my chin bare except for powder to set. I find it's hard to blend yellow to look natural next to red but it looks better than having caky concealer over the patches of skin on my chin that are clear.

thank you for the advise. i looked at ebay, but the only ones of the concealer that people are selling is ones for dark toned people, and im really fair! lol. im so frustrated so now i will have to get advise from people about what brand to use.=]

GloMinerals Oil Free concealer is amazing!

is it liquid or powder? do u use any of their foundations or anything?

It's a liquid, I have never used the foundations but I just really loved the concealer!