Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
littleEyee

Has anyone frm Singapore bought Dan's BP Gel?

hey fellow singaporeans,

could you let me know if you've successfully bought this online.

Whats the total cost? and could you give me a breakdown of it..

thanks!!!

Seriously considering gettin this ...

Hi LittleEyee

I'm fr Singapore too. biggrin.gif

the shipping costs depend on the no of tubes u buy. i bought 2 tubes...so total cost including shipping works out to USD 27.50.

based on the exchange rate then (more favourable vs. now), this works out to be S$23.30 per tube.

it is much much cheaper than Neutrogena..if you compare on a per Oz basis, the BP gel is S$5.8 while Neutrogena is abt S$13.3 (think watsons selling abt S$10 for a 0.75 Oz tube)

definitely worth buying!

(takes only abt 7 days to reach me)

biggrin.gif

cheers

itsukii

wow.. tempted.... but i'm quite wary of online buys though... heard so many horror stories about it.!!! sad.gif

how's your face reacting to the bp gel? Is your acne condition serious?

I've been afflicted with acne for the past few years due to my not washing off makeup thoroughly at nite.... Loads of blackheads..actually more white and black heads than inflammed zits. Scores of red spots and huge pores....

awgh!

nitemare!

Hi

so far I had no bad experience fortunately.. biggrin.gif

actually i just ordered 3 today... if you are keen, u can pm me, i can check with Dan if he can add to my order.

my skin used to be ok and i only started having acne suddenly last yr.. went national skin centre but to no avail. but the bp helped me immensely... now i am pretty clear, except for the red marks, but can see that they are disappearing too after using the vinegar method. biggrin.gif

cheers

Hello! Well I was also considering ordering from the site, but I decided to try something else BESIDES the other recommedation of Neutrogena. I am not a fan of products that have been intensively advertised or belong to a brand that appears to be all hype. So I went searching and I found a 2.5% bp gel at Guardian. It's called PanOxyl, and is under the brand name Stiefel. I can't exactly review it since I just bought it yesterday, but it cost me SGD$9.60 for a tube of 40g. My skin is slightly oily, and this has worked pretty well. It's not too oily, neither is it drying on the face. When I checked, Cold Storage and Watsons didn't carry the product. Hope this has been helpful.

Hello! Well I was also considering ordering from the site, but I decided to try something else BESIDES the other recommedation of Neutrogena. I am not a fan of products that have been intensively advertised or belong to a brand that appears to be all hype. So I went searching and I found a 2.5% bp gel at Guardian. It's called PanOxyl, and is under the brand name Stiefel. I can't exactly review it since I just bought it yesterday, but it cost me SGD$9.60 for a tube of 40g. My skin is slightly oily, and this has worked pretty well. It's not too oily, neither is it drying on the face. When I checked, Cold Storage and Watsons didn't carry the product. Hope this has been helpful.

Hi Daphn3

OTS works too. in fact i got clear using it. the gel was not ready then.

In comparison, the gel is certainly better than OTS cream. the gel spreads easily, gets absorbed faster and feels cool on the skin. best of all, it's not as drying and it does not leave white residue on the skin. biggrin.gif

when i was using ots previously, white residue will show up when i perspire, or if water is in contact with ur skin, say while rinsing mouth. ohmy.gif

haven't tried the prodt Panoxyl before though...

cheers

Hi,

I ordered 4 tubes on 29th Aug. it's a Sunday and my order was processed on the next working day on 31st Aug, Tuesday (U.S. 30th Aug, Monday). Payment is via Visa.

It arrived in my letter box in a small package yesterday 9th Sept. So, it took about 14 days to reach me.

Total cost for 4 tubes + shipping/handling works out to be :

(4 X US$34) + US$15 = US$49 or SGD$83

That works out to be SGD$15.25 per tube.

The weight per tube is 4oz, and that works out to be 113.4g.

Hope the above helps. smile.gif

Hi Daphn3

OTS works too. in fact i got clear using it. the gel was not ready then.

In comparison, the gel is certainly better than OTS cream. the gel spreads easily, gets absorbed faster and feels cool on the skin. best of all, it's not as drying and it does not leave white residue on the skin. biggrin.gif

when i was using ots previously, white residue will show up when i perspire, or if water is in contact with ur skin, say while rinsing mouth. ohmy.gif

haven't tried the prodt Panoxyl before though...

cheers

Hi Daphn3

i still have some marks but they are fading..anyway, i am very happy already, 'cos it's a far cry from the previous awful cysts and pimples... biggrin.gif

Don't get discouraged...i've been thru what you are feeling right now. Since i can get rid of my acne, I'm very confident u will experience dramatic clearing too. but u must be patient..

i was overjoyed when recently colleagues actually complimented me on my skin... so don't give up!! laugh.gif

btw, i very shy...so cannot show u my photo.. hee hee

cheers

Any of you getting the BP gel soon? I want to get 1 tube to try, but it wld be quite expensive to get just 1 tube.

itsukii, you male or female? cleanser & Bp are the only things you use? 'Coz I like to use scrub and mask too.. wondering if I cld incorporate these into the regimen. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

i've just ordered new supplies...

hmm...i also received orders fr frens and colleagues, maybe i shd start a central singapore buying thingy, and the cost will be much lower... bb_eusa_think.gif

i'm female...yap, only used cleanser and bp, and later added apple cider vinegar. not sure abt effect of mask..sorry. biggrin.gif

How long does it take to reach you, after placing your order?

Apple cider vinegar? It's for consumption right? So you started drinking it or apply topically? blink.gif

abt 10 days..

u can drink the acv (mixed with honey) and apply topically. biggrin.gif

i've got weak stomach, so i din drink it.

for a start, i applied diluted acv to the red marks, and much later, i used it undiluted. pls read the scar forum for more details. i did not use on active acne though... biggrin.gif

btw, i also used moisturiser...i.e. i followed the regimen religiously