Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Severe acne and girls

Holy crap, I cant even look at a girl let alone talk to one. My acne is to ugly looking, makes my self esteem feel like melted ice, lol. I feel the only way i will ever get a girl is if i win her heart over with my music(i write songs all the time about girls):). But anyway i have these simple questions for you guys out there, Have you ever tried to talk to a girl with severe acne? What was her reaction to your acne? Did she care?

Edited by HiImMatt

Hey man, I know its tough I hear ya.. But no one is perfect and everyone has their own problems in life. If a girl is just going to reject you because of your skin condition, then shes a waste of time. Personally, I have light to moderate acne (depends). I go clubbing, I go out and socialize with women all the time and actually somewhat seeing a really attractive girl right now. From my own personal experience, women like it when men are confident (not cocky big difference) smart (knowledge), and most importantly a sense of humor! Girls love it when you make them laugh (big turn on). Just be yourself man and do your best to be a good person and I am sure there is plenty girls out there that will dig your guitar/music. A friend of mine has severe acne, and he has always had been in some kind of relationship since high school. And the girls that are going to judge you because your skin, aren't worth thinking about. Those are the kind of women that will always find something wrong with you even if your Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise. You don't need that BS.. How old are you? Live life man, you only live once and thats it.

Edited by 1991Z28CAMARO

Girls tend to hit on me... a lot. It almost seems as though when my skin is at its worst, they're the most tenacious. Perhaps it's because I'm so casual in conversation; I'm very good at convincing people I'm "smart and interesting" just by talking to them (my report card and lifestyle would say otherwise). I use lots of long words and perfect grammar and diction; I make a point of sounding poetic. I actually talk exactly like I write.

Anyway, my point is, have confidence. If I never talked, I don't want to know what people would assume of me. Likelihood is the acne will actually make you more approachable, or it may impress them that you're so social and cheerful even with the acne bringing you down. Back when I was perfectly clear, I never got any attention from girls. It's all situational.

I know the feeling Matt. I'm 23 and i've had numerous girlfriends but my acne seemed to get worse over the past couple of years and since then i've been single. The only time i'm confident is on those rare days that my face looks okay.

I've recently started to take accutane (3 weeks in) and i went on a date after the first couple of weeks, when it seemed to have worked wonders. Since then, my dose double and my acne is the worst its been in a long time, it isnt helped by how red it's made my skin. I really like this girl too and yet, i dont want to see her, looking like this.

Alls i can say is, you're not alone, and i find it helps to actually be open about it. When you explain how insecure you are about it and you realise people understand, it makes you feel a whole lot better.

I'm 32. Girls don't care about skin, girls care about charisma. Be charming and gallant and funny.

Women care a lot more about character than looks. Seriously.

I'm 32. Girls don't care about skin, girls care about charisma. Be charming and gallant and funny.

Ahhhhhh if only that were true :)

Ahhhhhh if only that were true :)

Charisma is just another word for statutory rape.

Because I remember in Highschool that all the girls (13-16 yearsold) were hooking up with men in their 20s and 30s and these men were usually out of shape, working minimal wage and were otherwise losers, yet someone as myself who was in 3 competitive sports and acne free was not in the same league.

Ironically, the same happens to me now as whenever I go to the local mall as I often have to contend with young girls who'll make this face :shifty: and go through all the effort to ask me out, even though I am in nowhere as good in shape as I was back in Highschool.

For some men that's awesome and they'll take advantage of those girls, but myself I have hobbies other than hanging out in Highschool parking lots.

Edited by Schmon

Personally, I could care less if a guy has acne or not. I'v seen lots of guys with acne that look like someone i'd be interested in talking to...it makes no difference to me at all if a guy has acne.

My boyfriend doesn't get pimples on his face, and it's intimidating for me because as a girl that has acne...I dont understand how he can ever be with me. Girls are supposed to have perfect smooth skin... : / the pressure for men to have clear skin isn't even compairable >.<

Edited by Ivy.

Seriously, I'm a 30 year old woman and it wouldn't bother me at all if a man had very very very severe acne. I care way more about what's on the inside that lasts than I do about the outside. I promise you there are girls that are not shallow, I'm not. Also, I don't care about money either. I do care, however, that he has decent work ethics (like he wasn't planning on sitting around watching tv and eating bonbons while I work, lol). If looks and money is what a woman is in for, then the relationship might be headed for some trouble down the road.

I've struggled with acne for 13 years, sometimes it gets a little better, it's normally maybe up to a few big ones and some red marks at worst, not like a whole all over thing but it is still really hard on my self esteem and makes me wonder if guys would be interested in me. I was married for a few years, so one man was interested in me (unfortunately, we had other problems in our marriage). It makes me sad to hear how this has affected you, you are so worth knowing and loving and deserve better than the way you're viewing yourself right now. Yet at the same time I understand because I'm too hard on myself too.

I've been reading this book by Fried called Healing Adult Acne, it talks about dealing with the stress, depression and psychological effects of acne as well as treatment options. I think it's a good book. You can get through this. I also am christian and have found some encouragement in the bible and from my pastor.

Message me if you want to talk. I wish you the best man. You can get through this.

yeah i feel even more preassure talking to girls especially when i have breakouts like right now, as for my friends that are females thats no problem cuz der friends u kno. but me i have some notible cyst on my face so i try not to get to close to them until i have my face under control but i do talk and have fun wit them i just go to my happy place when i have a bad breakout!