Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've taken AcneScript for a little over a month now. It's hard to critique how well its worked thus far because I also take Fish Oil, a B-complex, 3 Grams of B5, and Maca Root daily.

There are many good reviews for it, but when you look at the ingredients each pill contains:

20mg Zinc Oxide

20mg Vitamin B6

280mg Vitamin B5

Organic Tumeric

Organic Burdock

Organic Garlic

Piperine

I came across a couple statements claiming that Zinc OXIDE is the least effect form of zinc for treating acne. Is this true? If so I will probably stop taking AcneScript since I already take B-complex, B5, and have Optizinc to use if I stop taking this.

Also, are those other ingredients actually beneficial to acne? I havent really heard much about piperine or burdock or Tumeric...

I've taken AcneScript for a little over a month now. It's hard to critique how well its worked thus far because I also take Fish Oil, a B-complex, 3 Grams of B5, and Maca Root daily.

There are many good reviews for it, but when you look at the ingredients each pill contains:

20mg Zinc Oxide

20mg Vitamin B6

280mg Vitamin B5

Organic Tumeric

Organic Burdock

Organic Garlic

Piperine

I came across a couple statements claiming that Zinc OXIDE is the least effect form of zinc for treating acne. Is this true? If so I will probably stop taking AcneScript since I already take B-complex, B5, and have Optizinc to use if I stop taking this.

Also, are those other ingredients actually beneficial to acne? I havent really heard much about piperine or burdock or Tumeric...

I've taken a lot of the ingredients separately, zinc, a b complex, garlic, tumeric, and burdock, and I think it helped, but it didn't do much. The piperine in acnescript helps with the absorption of nutrients and the turmeric. Burdock is also used in a lot of acne products and formulations for acne supplements. In my experience, b-complexes may have been the cause for cystic acne. My sister wanted to use them as prenatals, and she started to break out horribly when using them for 2 days. Zinc itself never really budged my acne. Turmeric is supposed to help with the redness and inflammation. If your skin is fine without acnescript, I'd say go for it, as for me though I find that it's a good all in one product that seems to work well for my skin, definitely a must have supplement!

Turmeric is anti-inflammatory.The piperine helps your body to absorb it.

I'm the girl who's before and after picture you see on their front page! So yes, I do think it's wonderful.

It IS interesting that they chose zinc oxide,but there is a high amount in there. It has reduced inflammation and healing time greatly for me,but I don't know whether to credit turmeric or zinc or the entire combination of things for it. Luckily for me it's fairly priced so I'm a lot less concerned about that.

How long have you been on it? I'd stay on it until you run out and then decide if it's something you want to continue using.

I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone,but it is a great supplement to start out with.

Ohhh your the chick on the home page? No wonder you love it you've apparently had great results from it. What boosters do you take? I use Circumin and Guggul.

Well I've been on it for nearly a month. I also take 4 pills daily, 2 in the morning, 2 in the evening. I see that you only take 2 a day, but I really feel like 2 a day isn't enough, but maybe I should try it (save some money)

I also take around 4.5 grams of B5 daily, but I've taken that since early December and I'm not sure on how its been working. It sucks when you take numerous supplements and don't know what is really working and what's not.

Truth be told, my acne has been considerably better since starting B5 and Acnescript, but it's expensive monthly, and I'm not completely clear, so I really want to figure out what's working best and what I can drop.

Edited by Gators_Fan

First thing's first, I'd cut down on the B5! You definitely don't need more than 1 gram for anything acne related, which you'll get between the 4 pills a day. You could try their boosters, it depends on what type of acne you have. Guggul and Curcumin have been godsends for me. Getting a good quality fish fish oil supplement that is high in EPA will help reduce acne as well. Guggul and Curcumin are much cheaper from other places though, like vitacost. Personally I use Source Natural's Guggul, and NSI's Curcumin complex that has piperine in it.

For fish oil I take Carlson's elite fish oil. I've narrowed down my supplements to the things that have had apparent effects on my acne, so you can see my log if you're looking for specifics, but I'm trying to cover as many bases of acne internally as I am externally. What kind of topicals do you use? Of course the people from acnescript will tell you that you don't need topicals, and people from skin care companies will tell you that all you need is their topicals, but I think the best thing is using both.

You could further reduce the inflammation by adding some type of GLA supplement, I take both evening primrose oil and borage oil. They work in the same way that the EPA in fish oil does, by inhibiting the conversion of arachidonic acid into leukotriene b4, the latter of which increases the amount of sebum you have, and this will also reduce inflammation and redness associated with it. I'm assuming your acne is inflammatory because the b5 would clear up most non inflammatory acne related to oil etc. Do you also exfoliate regularly?

Edited by tim12

Thanks for the info Tim! I'm probably going to begin cutting down on the B5. I'm tired of taking 9 pills a day on top of everything else, and my acne is not much better for taking that many pills IMO.

I'm thinking I'll supplement with:

Acnescript (Guggul & Circumin)

Vitamin E

Vitamin A

Chromium (I'm on day 4 of this, Ill give it a couple weeks to see If I wanna continue)

Fish Oil

You recommended evening primrose oil, and I've researched that, and it's supposed to balance hormones (my acne is likely hormonal even though I am Male). I already take the Maca root, which is supposed to be an excellent hormone balancer. After my bottle of Maca ends I may try out evening primrose, I don't want to take both though since the dosage for EPO with acne is a few pills daily (which I'm trying to cut down on).