Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agiig

What could this be? (with pictures)

Hi,

as you can see on the pictures, I have red skin primarily around my mouth with small pimples. My skin condition has been worse (with big pimples) but it has improved with changes in my diet/ lifestyle. Even though I follow a "clean" diet, the skin surrounding my mouth is very sensitive, dry and irritable. This is especially the case after showering (with lukewarm water) and shaving, off course, so I have to be very careful with this. I wash my face with water only. My skin would become even more irritated when I use any kind of soap. I don't use any topical creams/ lotions or any acne treatment. I also did allergy tests which turned out to be negative.

I easily get "breakouts" from time to time. It seems to be a chronic condition since my skin has not really improved in the last 8 months. Before this period the skin improved a lot due to dietary changes etc..

Maybe you can help me...

Greetings from Sweden!

post-145146-1296686204_thumb.jpg

post-145146-1296686351_thumb.jpg

post-145146-1296686204_thumb.jpg

post-145146-1296686351_thumb.jpg

Edited by Agiig

I just see some normal redness and a bit of hyperpigmentation, nothing too bad! Lots of people have redness around the nose/mouth area. You could use a calming/redness reducing type of moisturizer if it really bothers you, or maybe some light non comodogenic makeup if you're alright with that. Cucumber and chamomile are the two ingredients that come to mind as far as redness reducing ingredients.

It doesn't look bad at all!! Try to put some jojoba oil around your mouth area and see if that calms the irritation.

I agree, it doesnt look that bad. Not really like rosacea. Maybe just inflammation?

I would continue not to use any topical product if I were you, but to try a anti inflammatory supplement, something like omega 3, D3 and evening primrose oil with E?