Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bosie

Caprylic acid advice! Anyone???

Was just wondering does anyone here take caprylic acid supplements? if so which is better- Capyrilc acid on it's own or calcium magnesium caprylate?

Basically i'm trying an anti candida diet in an effort to fix my mild acne and other slight health problems (mouth ulcers, inability to gain weight, weird taste in my mouth that's ever present, sinus troubles) and one of the things thats recomended is caprylic acid combined with calcium and magnesium. The supposed beneficial effect of taking this supplement is that it's a natural anti-fungal which unlike garlic doesn't indiscrimnately kill off both good and bad bacteria (caprylic acid only kills the bad kind apparently).

Anyone have any thoughts? Any experience on it's effects (good or bad) or would anyone suggest just buying natural coconut oil instead of supplementing in pill form?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

i'd love to know the answer to that as well...do you think this will add to die off or make it not so unbearable?

i'd love to know the answer to that as well...do you think this will add to die off or make it not so unbearable?

Thanks for replying. Apparently it comes in three strengths-250mg, 400mg, and 680mg. the lower dose is suggested for those who fear a severe die off effect and it's probably advised if you're scared about that. I think if i was going to try it (still would like more knowledge on the subject) i'd go for the 400mg (medium)

Bump

Anyone on Candida diets tried this? Any success?

Yes. The stuff works at killing candida, and you'll probably get worse acne from die off effects, but keeping it up for a couple months, you'll start to notice you break out less and less, and less severely.

Remember though, if you suspect a candida problem, you need to look into mercury toxicity and get tested for it.

If you have high levels of mercury you will not get rid of candida. I personally had extremely high levels of mercury, and since chelating (removing the mercury) and going at the candida at the same time, I've for the first time in my life naturally been blemish free (been on tane twice btw).. at least for periods of time (each getting longer than the last).

It's a long term approach, and it requires not just anti fungals, but radically changing your diet. Keep that in mind; it's not easy. Giving up sugar and carbs is easier said than done.

Edited by Joshu

Bump

Anyone on Candida diets tried this? Any success?

Yes. The stuff works at killing candida, and you'll probably get worse acne from die off effects, but keeping it up for a couple months, you'll start to notice you break out less and less, and less severely.

Remember though, if you suspect a candida problem, you need to look into mercury toxicity and get tested for it.

If you have high levels of mercury you will not get rid of candida. I personally had extremely high levels of mercury, and since chelating (removing the mercury) and going at the candida at the same time, I've for the first time in my life naturally been blemish free (been on tane twice btw).. at least for periods of time (each getting longer than the last).

It's a long term approach, and it requires not just anti fungals, but radically changing your diet. Keep that in mind; it's not easy. Giving up sugar and carbs is easier said than done.

Thank you ever so much for replying. Have ordered some caprylic acid with calcium and magnisium at 400mg. Will take it for a few months and see what happens.

Your point about mercury is interesting as thats one of the things i've been told to get checked out. I do have one amalgam filling in my teeth but was told that getting it removed would only release more mercury into my system and therefor worsen any potential symptoms. However it's been recomended that any one with fillings should take a supplement called selenium (taken with vitamin c and zinc) to help with mercury problems.

but was told that getting it removed would only release more mercury into my system and therefor worsen any potential symptoms.

There are dentists who specialize in removing amalgam fillings; it can be done safely.

Look into it.. that filling is constantly

into your system.

you might be better off just getting coconut oil, instead of the caprylic acid.

i was just reading some studies done on the antibacterial/fungal abilitys of medium chain fatty acids and lauric acid was the most active fatty acid within the coconut oil.

make a tea with cinnamon, honey and a teaspoon of coconut oil.

while we are on the topic of killing bacteria, oregano oil, and bay leaf oil have proven powerful broad spectrum antibiotic capabilitys. And they are also good at inhibiting the good bacteria as well unfortunatly, but some lactobacilli have some resistance to them, so its not too big of a concern. and if you are eating a good amount of vegetables with fiber that should selectively feed the good to keep a good balance.

there is evidence that Caraway oil has good abilitys towards pathogens, while little inhibitory effects on bifidobacteria or lactobacilli.

you can just buy caraway seeds and eat them as they are, of course crucsh them with your teeth, itis very inexpensive, but you really would want the oil fro potency.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

but was told that getting it removed would only release more mercury into my system and therefor worsen any potential symptoms.

There are dentists who specialize in removing amalgam fillings; it can be done safely.

Look into it.. that filling is constantly

into your system.

Just watched the video. Scary as hell!!!

On a side note i went to my local health food shop to look for some selenium to help combat the mercury levels in my body but i couldn't find any that didnt have yeast as part of their ingrediants. As i'm on a candida diet that forbids sugar and yeast, it's a big no-no sadly :think: