Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok I'm going to admit it, I really like experimenting with different moisturisers and skin cleansers. In the last 2 years I've probably tried about 60 different products, and nothing has really worked amazingly well. I've had some good and bad results but never really STUCK to any particular routine.

At the moment I'm experimenting with Cetaphil and Eucerin... but I was wondering how long is long enough?

Am I moving onto a new product too quickly to give the current one a chance at working? I've been on this moisturizer for 3 months now, and the Cetaphil cleanser for about 2 weeks, but it doesn't seem to be making much difference.

How long should I be giving my products chance to work properly?

Thanks in advance :)

It depends on what you want from that product.

If you have really dry flaky skin and the moisturizer isn't correcting this after a week I'd say it isn't going to ever and stop using it.

If you're trying to clear away clogged pores and acne,well that can take months.

If something has adverse effects and you have been using it for almost a month I'd also ditch it. You can break out from something a week into using it,maybe even 2 weeks into it,but if it's still making your skin look like crap after a month then I wouldn't consider it safe to keep using.Under certain circumstances,such as pimples that have potential to cause scarring, it even stop using it before a month is up.

That is what I do at least, I'm sure other people have developed different times for themselves lol.

Cetaphil and Eucerin are just gentle moisturizers,not acne fighters...so I'm assuming you're just using it for the first reason I listed.

Hey, thanks for the reply :) yeah well I'm just trying to combat blocked pores at the moment. But everything I tried so far seems to be way too harsh for my skin. The combination of these two don't seem to be working amazingly but I'll give it a little while longer I guess.