Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weedman

Natural alternative to hydrocortisone?

So I've managed to get my hands on a tube of Locoid without prescription. It is a topical hydrocortisone cream and i have been using it on my face for about a week now with really good results with regards to a reduction in acne as well as generally much healthier looking skin.

After doing some research however i found out that like all good things in life it seems to come with a nice list of side-effects and you cannot use it for too long especially on your face as it can thin the skin and cause a multitude of nasty problems. There was me thinking that i have finally found something that may end up helping me out in the long run.

So, i need to find a natural alternative(s) to this cream, if such a thing even exists, and give that a shot. Basically the hydrocortisone cream I'm using is a blend of hydrocortisone(duh) on a lipo-something base, which essentially is a really good fatty moisturizer but in a pure form, without loads of fragrances and additives and vitamins and what not.

My simple mind tells me that i need to find something that has good anti-inflammatory properties and really mild for sensitive skin, is not oily based, provides good moisturization and can be used for prolonged periods on the face.

This link: http://www.livestrong.com/article/175490-n...hydrocortisone/ gives a few natural alternative but i have no idea if they are any good or maybe even worst than doing nothing.

I need your advice.