Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im a 20 year old female with moderate acne..mainly across the jawline and shoulders. I wear makeup to hide the worst of it and in certain mirrors in my house when my makeups done i look ok..not perfect like the other girls walking down the street (who make me green with envy on a daily basis) but good enough to be seen in public lol! other mirrors however..such as the fitting rooms in the department store i work in make me look absolutely awful and i want to end my shift and run home to plaster on more foundation.

I now walk past most mirrors with my head turned away so i dont catch sight of myself. I avoid brightly lit places and if i do have to go into harsh artificial lights i feel myself pulling my hair around my face to hide :cry: . What im trying to establish is..is this just me? am i far too oversensitive? do you guys feel that you just do not want to look at yourself anymore? ive realised acne runs my life..i never go swimming, never go for girly nights in with face masks or camping..anything that requires being makeup free. :wall:

please tell me your stories guys

x

Im a 20 year old female with moderate acne..mainly across the jawline and shoulders. I wear makeup to hide the worst of it and in certain mirrors in my house when my makeups done i look ok..not perfect like the other girls walking down the street (who make me green with envy on a daily basis) but good enough to be seen in public lol! other mirrors however..such as the fitting rooms in the department store i work in make me look absolutely awful and i want to end my shift and run home to plaster on more foundation.

I now walk past most mirrors with my head turned away so i dont catch sight of myself. I avoid brightly lit places and if i do have to go into harsh artificial lights i feel myself pulling my hair around my face to hide :cry: . What im trying to establish is..is this just me? am i far too oversensitive? do you guys feel that you just do not want to look at yourself anymore? ive realised acne runs my life..i never go swimming, never go for girly nights in with face masks or camping..anything that requires being makeup free. :wall:

x

oh girl i feel your pain cause i´m in the same place as you. i have mild acne i start it to get acne since i was 10 years old now i´m 18. and when i was like 10 to 16 years old i never really care of my acne. and now that i´m much older the more i worry about my acne, the more acne i get believe it or not, it´s all in your mind.

in some mirrors depending on the lights i look good and i look like if i have never had acne, and in some mirrors with stronger lights my face looks nasty. i do not wear makeup because it can make it worse, i only wear makeup when i have a special ocassions like parties, weddings, etc.

i only wear a little bit of makeup to cover the worst spots on my face that are actually in my jaw line. sometimes i feel good about myself, i just wear cute clothes, i make new hairstyles, i wear lipsticks, eye liners etc. and all the boys are just in love with me, i guess that it really doesn´t matter the acne for some people, if you are cute it won´t really matter what you have in your face, if you are cute than you are cute!.

i start it to realize that acne is very common nowdays and we are lucky for that, because back in the days you could barely see somebody with acne. most of them had flawless skin.

now in 21th century when you walk down the streets, just take a look at every person´s face, and they do have a pimple. nobody is perfect and acne does have a solution.

i have a cute cousin she is 15 years old she has pretty flawless skin. even though she wears alot of makeup and sometimes when we go outside believe it or not the one that gets more attention especially with guys is me. i´m not trying to be better than anybody but...i guess flawless skin doesn´t mean that they are more cute.

do you think victoria beckham is cute? i think she is very attractive, wanna know something? she has acne and sometimes worse than you and me.

do you think cameron diaz is cute? i think she is also very attractive, wanna know something? she has SEVERE ACNE. and she is still battling with acne since her teen years. everybody has acne some other more than other people.

why we should hide ourselves because of acne when actually acne does have a solution. just thank god that you have acne instead of being disfigurated like burn and all those stuff.

the other day i saw a 17 year old girl whom she was burn like hell! she was pretty bad disfigurated, and i look at her and i said to myself. ´´i can´t believe that i´m worrying about some fucking pimples that soon or later would be gone, and this girl who is in front of me is disfigurated and no matter what she will have to live the rest of her life like that´´

she can´t wear makeup to cover her burned skin, she can´t have a plastic surgery because she will still look the same she does not have a solution sadly. BUT YOU AND ME WE DO HAVE A SOLUTION and why did i tell you the story of this girl? is because i want to let you know that there are other people in a worst place than you. your problem has a solution.

Edited by RideonTime!

I do avoid mirrors. I admit I have the tendency to over analyze things way too much,so I only allow myself to look in the mirror twice a day. If I really need to look the mirror anytime in between that,like something is in my eye, I take out a compact mirror a just looks at my eye.

x

oh girl i feel your pain cause i´m in the same place as you. i have mild acne i start it to get acne since i was 10 years old now i´m 18. and when i was like 10 to 16 years old i never really care of my acne. and now that i´m much older the more i worry about my acne, the more acne i get believe it or not, it´s all in your mind.

in some mirrors depending on the lights i look good and i look like if i have never had acne, and in some mirrors with stronger lights my face looks nasty. i do not wear makeup because it can make it worse, i only wear makeup when i have a special ocassions like parties, weddings, etc.

i only wear a little bit of makeup to cover the worst spots on my face that are actually in my jaw line. sometimes i feel good about myself, i just wear cute clothes, i make new hairstyles, i wear lipsticks, eye liners etc. and all the boys are just in love with me, i guess that it really doesn´t matter the acne for some people, if you are cute it won´t really matter what you have in your face, if you are cute than you are cute!.

i start it to realize that acne is very common nowdays and we are lucky for that, because back in the days you could barely see somebody with acne. most of them had flawless skin.

now in 21th century when you walk down the streets, just take a look at every person´s face, and they do have a pimple. nobody is perfect and acne does have a solution.

i have a cute cousin she is 15 years old she has pretty flawless skin. even though she wears alot of makeup and sometimes when we go outside believe it or not the one that gets more attention especially with guys is me. i´m not trying to be better than anybody but...i guess flawless skin doesn´t mean that they are more cute.

do you think victoria beckham is cute? i think she is very attractive, wanna know something? she has acne and sometimes worse than you and me.

do you think cameron diaz is cute? i think she is also very attractive, wanna know something? she has SEVERE ACNE. and she is still battling with acne since her teen years. everybody has acne some other more than other people.

why we should hide ourselves because of acne when actually acne does have a solution. just thank god that you have acne instead of being disfigurated like burn and all those stuff.

the other day i saw a 17 year old girl whom she was burn like hell! she was pretty bad disfigurated, and i look at her and i said to myself. ´´i can´t believe that i´m worrying about some fucking pimples that soon or later would be gone, and this girl who is in front of me is disfigurated and no matter what she will have to live the rest of her life like that´´

she can´t wear makeup to cover her burned skin, she can´t have a plastic surgery because she will still look the same she does not have a solution sadly. BUT YOU AND ME WE DO HAVE A SOLUTION and why did i tell you the story of this girl? is because i want to let you know that there are other people in a worst place than you. your problem has a solution.

i totally understand what your saying we are much luckier than many people out there. Doesnt stop the frustration bubbling up when you see flawless skin all around you lol. i always find myself being the spottiest in a room which drives me crazy but ive tried everything except accutane coz that stuffs to hardcore for me.

Im hoping ill grow out of them soon but i have to wear foundation or i wont leave the house. my acne traps me and i hate it!

im told im pretty even with the acne which makes me feel a little better and when i do my hair and makeup nice i do feel confident. its just harsh club toilet lighting i have to avoid then!

xx

i totally understand what your saying we are much luckier than many people out there. Doesnt stop the frustration bubbling up when you see flawless skin all around you lol. i always find myself being the spottiest in a room which drives me crazy but ive tried everything except accutane coz that stuffs to hardcore for me.

Im hoping ill grow out of them soon but i have to wear foundation or i wont leave the house. my acne traps me and i hate it!

im told im pretty even with the acne which makes me feel a little better and when i do my hair and makeup nice i do feel confident. its just harsh club toilet lighting i have to avoid then!

xx

Edited by RideonTime!

x

I almost never look at myself in a mirror. When I'm washing my hands at the sink in a public bathroom I look down. I avoid mirrors at other places also. Sometimes they catch me by surprise though :(

Edited by Rattina89

Yes!! all the time. I always look down in the bathroom when I wash my hands and I won't go shopping if I have a bad break out because mirrors are unavoidable. The worst is when I try an go somewhere and I get a glimpse of my face in the car mirror and I almost wreck it shocks me so bad lol

Yes!! all the time. I always look down in the bathroom when I wash my hands and I won't go shopping if I have a bad break out because mirrors are unavoidable. The worst is when I try an go somewhere and I get a glimpse of my face in the car mirror and I almost wreck it shocks me so bad lol

i have been avoiding mirrors for over 10 years minimum. it made me almost forget my problem and although i sure was haunted by my acne, it never depressed me a lot. nobody ever commented on it either. when i'm reading old diaries i hardly even mention it.

lately though i seem to be more drawn to mirrors. i dont know what it is. i know it's making me feel worse but i can't help it. i don't skinpick though.

i think i'm just always hoping to catch the right lighting or something so it looks alright and i can go on with my day. i wish i could feel like years ago again when i didn't really care that much. and my skin was worse, then!

YES, I avoid mirrors like the plague!

At work i only look at myself in the toilets in the faraway wall mirror. Unfortunately like every surface of the elevators are mirrored! its very hard not to catch a glimpse.

Its also very hard to try on clothes at shops and avoid looking at your face - but i manage!

I put on the bright light in the bathroom and open the blind to get maximum light to put on my makeup, but then i close the blind and put on the dim light for everything else, so i dont have to see my face in full detail.

I also dont wear my glasses to look at myself - the effect is a lovely fuzzy VHS image versus a high definition horror show

Yes, all the time! I also look away when I wash my hands in public places or in dressing rooms, look the other way in places that have mirrors, stand with my back by the windows at work. Also when we got all that snow I got into a cleaning spree and did the unthinkable! I decided to dust my china hutch, its all glass and mirrors and since it was so late in the afternoon I thought that maybe I would be ok, WRONG! I looked and that just made me worse, I was already down on myself for being so wussy about a snow day from work and my skin has been looking good, or so I thought. Nothing like a mirror to bring you down in a heartbeat! Ijust wanted to go outside and stick my face in the snow and freeze off all the zits and marks! Elf

oh my god! car mirrors are the worst! or if u have sun shining on your face and you catch sight of yourself thats like...horrific for me! i am much more relaxed under orangey romantic lights hehe x x x

I don't avoid mirrors. I just stand farther away!!!! LOL. Does help. O I have a compact mirror use just to put cover up makeup on...which is recent by the way. I have never worn makeup at all. I hate it. But ever since I got acne 2 weeks ago on my lower chin, I 've been down. Funny thing, I got a new phone w/ camera..I took picktures of my face and I've been really depressed. I swear those phone pics make my acne look worse. The acne lookes more red and irritated, but my hubby says that it my acne is not that bad. Has anyone noticed their camera phones make their acne look worse??????

I don't like what I see in the mirror, but I don't avoid looking at one.

One of the rooms in my house has a wall sized mirror and all my bathrooms have almost full body(From thighs up) sized mirrors. I also have a small mirror in my room. Before I had crazy acne, I couldn't stop looking in the mirror. I still have that bad habit, but now I don't like what I see.

The only mirror i dont like is the one in my barber shop, the light in there is really really intense and makes my skin look very red; for some reason my hair usually looks horrible in them and i look really stupid in the robe thing. :(

Haha lately yes I have been trying to avoid them but it's pretty hard to do! I only look at myself in the mirror at home when I'm straightening my hair and putting on makeup. I've brushed my teeth with the lights off because I don't want to see what I look like ;)

Work however sucks because our bathroom has a mirror in front of the toilet so you gotta stare at yourself the whole time D: At work I only look in the mirror to dab my face to remove excess oil(t-zone area) and to check that I don't have stuff in my teeth. Other than that I really try not to look because it only depresses me.

I'm 17 and in the past 7 months, my acne went from being mild to severe. I have scars everywhere on my face. I avoid mirrors and photos. If I do take photos, I edit them. I can't stand myself. I cover my face with my hair too. I know how you feel. I get made fun of. Today I got compared to a boy. I know exactly how you feel. You're not alone :(

I think mines getting worse as i get older i want an end to this! sick of people saying...drink more water..eat less chocolate..wash more..wash less!...cut your hair...stop wearing makeup...ahhhhhh lol its like none of those things make any difference your either a lucky little shit who doesnt get acne or your genes say you will have it! x