Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leaf82

what's with acne along edge of your mouth?

I'm on Dan's regimen, but I don't put BP right up next to my mouth. That's too close for comfort, ya know? Sometimes I'll get a pimple where my lip meets my face. Anywhere else on my face, a pimple comes and goes within 4-5 days, and after a week you never knew it was there. But along the edge of my mouth, the whole process is much slower, from 2-4 weeks! Yes, a full month. What is so special about that part of your face?! I doubt it's because I don't use BP there, because these "pimple lifespans" were the same before I started the regimen.

Any tips for speeding this up? I don't treat that part of my face with anything. It's inevitable that I get the occasional pimple in that area, but it would be nice not to have to worry about it for a month. For whatever reason, the upper lip heals faster (~2 weeks) than the lower lip (3-4 weeks).

Thanks

Edited by leaf82

I get pimples ON my lip line, and on my actual lip once, and the ONLY way i can control that is to apply BP practically ON my lips, and take a tissue and wipe off the excess, so its just on my lip line.

it feels horrible the first couple times, itchy, dry, kind of like a cold sore, but it prevents any pimples from forming, so its worth it for me. and you get used to the sensation after a while.

I'm sure its not the safest idea, but nothing else works for me, and the red marks the spots leave on my lips last for MONTHS, and i get two-three, sometimes more at a time, so it kind of looks like herpes >.>

Yeah, i'll take my chances with the BP.

I've never gotten one ON my lip, always along the lip line, as you call it.

I just noticed there's still a slight trace of a pimple 6 weeks ago. Man, this takes forever!

BP that close to my lip makes me nervous...

My guess is it has a lot to do with irritation. When you think about it, there's a lot of irritation around the mouth from eating, food drips/smears, napkin wiping, kissing, licking your lips, brushing your teeth, etc.

My guess is it has a lot to do with irritation. When you think about it, there's a lot of irritation around the mouth from eating, food drips/smears, napkin wiping, kissing, licking your lips, brushing your teeth, etc.

i am always using my carmex and if i get it around my lips sometimes i will get zits there. i try to be careful about making sure its only on my lips now.

Edited by Karen Howz