Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onthewaytocleardom

Pictures!!! What is the severity of my acne?

Hey all,

Just new to acne.org. Took my first acne pics yesterday and attached them here. I have been on Dan's regimen for 2 weeks now. The pictures I have taken are the only places I have acne. I do not get it on my chin or forehead, strictly cheeks. Just wanted to ask you guys what you think the severity of my acne is? I feel like it is at least moderately severe, but I am not sure. Like most of you, my self esteem has taken a massive hit where I don't feel comfortable around just about anyone anymore. I will keep taking pics on a weekly basis and keep you guys updated. My regimen is the following.

AM and PM:

Dan's cleanser

Dan's BP

Dan's Moisturizer

Jojoba oil (6 drops in morning and 12 at night)

AHA+ when my skin feels uneven (maybe once or twice a week, although I am starting to think it may break me out)

Orally:

50 mg zinc

Fish oil and Multivitamin

Here is my blog that I just started if you guys want to know more:http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=4558&

Wish me luck!

post-144978-1296607827_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1296607846_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1296607827_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1296607846_thumb.jpg

Edited by onthewaytocleardom

Hey all,

Just new to acne.org. Took my first acne pics yesterday and attached them here. I have been on Dan's regimen for 2 weeks now. The pictures I have taken are the only places I have acne. I do not get it on my chin or forehead, strictly cheeks. Just wanted to ask you guys what you think the severity of my acne is? I feel like it is at least moderately severe, but I am not sure. Like most of you, my self esteem has taken a massive hit where I don't feel comfortable around just about anyone anymore. I will keep taking pics on a weekly basis and keep you guys updated. My regimen is the following.

AM and PM:

Dan's cleanser

Dan's BP

Dan's Moisturizer

Jojoba oil (6 drops in morning and 12 at night)

AHA+ when my skin feels uneven (maybe once or twice a week, although I am starting to think it may break me out)

Orally:

50 mg zinc

Fish oil and Multivitamin

Here is my blog that I just started if you guys want to know more:http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=4558&

Wish me luck!

All help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Dam boy you got pretty clear skin. ;)

Your acne I would say is very very light. Compared to your acne and other people's yours would be like clear.

Dam boy you got pretty clear skin. ;)

Your acne I would say is very very light. Compared to your acne and other people's yours would be like clear.

That's news to me! Thanks for the post. I am so self conscious about what I do have.. hopefully I can be completely clear soon.

Yeah, I'd say it's definitely on the mild end.

Good luck with the regimen. I've been doing it myself for a few weeks now, and I've definitely seen results. :)

you have red marks from previous acne, but hardly any active acne. Do you change your pillowcases often? I find that to often be my problem in regards to cheek acne. I change mine twice a week, but flip it over every other day.

you have red marks from previous acne, but hardly any active acne. Do you change your pillowcases often? I find that to often be my problem in regards to cheek acne. I change mine twice a week, but flip it over every other day.

Thanks for the replies, guys. It makes me feel a lot better that it isn't catching everyones eyes like I might have thought! I'll keep you guys updated on this thread and my blog on my progress. On a side note, my red marks come no matter what happens with my zits. Whether or not I pop them, which I normally don't unless it's horrible, a red mark is left after. However, what I have noticed (duh) is that the ones I don't pop don't seem to last as long. Still, though, my red marks last very long. And it hurts because when red marks appear to be clearing up, a pimple always comes to replace it just in time. Hopefully Dan's regimen will fix this for me. I actually had a massive one emerge on my upper right cheek today and a small whitehead near the jawline. I just loaded up on BP so we'll see how it looks in the morning. Hopefully better!

Thanks for reading. Wish me luck. I'll be wishing all of you the same, as I know how horrible it is to deal with acne. I will keep you guys updated.

P.S. jen - I will try it! I have heard this and maybe it is the cause. Thank you for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck! If you have troubles with picking, you could try putting NO PICKING post-it notes on all your mirrors (that's what helped me).

Instead of washing your pillow cases (Well, okay, you can still wash them, but not nearly as often) you can put a fresh clean towel on your pillow at night, it also helps prevent bleaching pillow cases, and the collar/shoulder of your t shirts (at least for me, i tend to sleep with my cheek pressed up against my shoulder)

also i agree with everyone else, your acne is very very mild.

Guest Timehealsall

acnes on the mild side.

WHich zinc supplement are you taking? IMHO take zinc picolinate 50mg, as i heard its the best.

If you do wash your pillow cases more often, what soap do you use?

I think soap plays more of a factor than the pillow case getting dirty imho.

Very mild !! (mine is somewhat similar) I would not worry about it at all, like some posted, those marks appear to be pretty much old acne. Those will go a way within time. And time goes by quick! Most people on these boards would appreciate your skin!

Wash your pillow case every week or so. I would also take vitamin e because many claim it has helped them with hyper pigmentation marks and allows the skin to heal faster. Don't touch your face with your fingers as well. Keep it up! Take care.

Edited by 1991Z28CAMARO

That is a good idea with the towels. I'll definitely give it a shot if that is easier than cleaning my pillowcase often. Also, the zinc I have is called finest natural zinc 50 mg. I got it at the local walgreens. And hopefully time will heal my red marks! But for some reason I broke out with 4 new pimples on the right side of my face today, I think it might be due to irritation yesterday and today from spending the whole day with the girlfriend :doh:

I will keep you guys updated and keep taking pictures on a weekly basis. Wish me luck and thanks for the posts.

Hey all,

Not sure how long it's been, maybe a week? I took new pictures and here they are. Progress is coming along well! Put on AHA+ twice this week, didn't seem to break me out like I had thought before. Will keep you all updated, red marks are fading fast, here's to clear skin!

PS - I uploaded them in reverse order on accident, so if you want to compare then check them out backwards.

Thanks for lookin'.

post-144978-1297029204_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1297029211_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1297029204_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1297029211_thumb.jpg

Skin looks great in the second pic ^^^ above!

You really have low-mild acne. Consider yourself lucky!

Not only did I have acne, but I also have sun damaged skin and enlarged pores!

I can understand about being self-concious, everybody is. When you are in them moments, just think about how much worse other people have it!

You also have to remember, everybody else you talk to is most likely thinking about what you're thinking about them, so keep them things in mind!

Edited by MJB888

Skin looks great in the second pic ^^^ above!

You really have low-mild acne. Consider yourself lucky!

Not only did I have acne, but I also have sun damaged skin and enlarged pores!

I can understand about being self-concious, everybody is. When you are in them moments, just think about how much worse other people have it!

You also have to remember, everybody else you talk to is most likely thinking about what you're thinking about them, so keep them things in mind!

Thanks for the post. Yeah, the second picture is looking a lot better isn't it? The red marks are healing faster than I would have ever thought.

That's a good way to look at it. I'll try to keep it in mind. :dance:

Newest pics are below. The white stuff is a moisturizer I just decided to try that is extra moisturizing for my flaky skin the past few days, but it is thick and therefore I do not wear it often.

What do you guys think?

post-144978-1297494795_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1297494805_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1297494795_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1297494805_thumb.jpg

I think my face might be getting worse? I don't have any active pimples basically at all anymore, but even with AHA+ every other night my red marks look like they are getting worse? I am dry and flaky most of the time, although I don't think this should contribute to the redness.

What do you guys think based on the pictures in comparison with the others? I'm feelin a little blueee about it all. Let me know.

post-144978-1298410346_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1298410353_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1298410346_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1298410353_thumb.jpg

I think my face might be getting worse? I don't have any active pimples basically at all anymore, but even with AHA+ every other night my red marks look like they are getting worse? I am dry and flaky most of the time, although I don't think this should contribute to the redness.

What do you guys think based on the pictures in comparison with the others? I'm feelin a little blueee about it all. Let me know.

One negative thing about the regimen is the red marks that BP leaves behind. BP slows down the healing process and hyperpigmentation spots last longer. Some days AHA helps me with my red marks and flakes, other days my skin seems more red. How much AHA are you putting on? Dan recommends a thin index finger length if your going to apply the whole face. To much AHA can cause serious redness. I would probably reduce your AHA and try a few days without out it and see how your marks react. Some people swear on Vitamin E oil on red marks and help the skin to heal faster. However, some claim they break out. I would do some research on Vitamin E oil. Applying extra moisturize can help red marks in the long run as well. Keep up with the regimen it looks like you are getting there! Red marks do suck, I have a couple spots from October.... But they will heal. Keep it up. Good luck.

One negative thing about the regimen is the red marks that BP leaves behind. BP slows down the healing process and hyperpigmentation spots last longer. Some days AHA helps me with my red marks and flakes, other days my skin seems more red. How much AHA are you putting on? Dan recommends a thin index finger length if your going to apply the whole face. To much AHA can cause serious redness. I would probably reduce your AHA and try a few days without out it and see how your marks react. Some people swear on Vitamin E oil on red marks and help the skin to heal faster. However, some claim they break out. I would do some research on Vitamin E oil. Applying extra moisturize can help red marks in the long run as well. Keep up with the regimen it looks like you are getting there! Red marks do suck, I have a couple spots from October.... But they will heal. Keep it up. Good luck.

That's interesting that the AHA can actually be making me more red. I didn't even think about that but I guess it makes sense. I have been loading it on now that I think about it, maybe I just need less? I guess I will experiment with using it less frequently and in smaller amounts and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the post and best of luck to you.

Yeah, I am going to start experimenting with AHA by using it less frequently and in lesser amounts because I guess using a generous amount every other night may not be beneficial, and in fact counter-productive now that you say it. Anyone else have any luck with vitamin E oil?

Best of luck to you.

Thought I would update everyone. My acne is not really getting better it seems, and I am following Dan's regimen precisely. It's one of those really down in the dumps times for me, I'm sure a lot of you have been here. My girlfriend is out of town luckily right now, because I have had about 5 new zits pop up on the left side of my face and a big one is about to come up on the right side. This is weird as I've been on the regimen for about 2 months now so I don't understand what is going on. Any help?

It really doesn't look like there has been improvement. If anything, I think it has gotten worse since I began Dan's regimen. I don't know what else to do.

post-144978-1301286964_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1301286970_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1301286964_thumb.jpg

post-144978-1301286970_thumb.jpg

Thought I would update everyone. My acne is not really getting better it seems, and I am following Dan's regimen precisely. It's one of those really down in the dumps times for me, I'm sure a lot of you have been here. My girlfriend is out of town luckily right now, because I have had about 5 new zits pop up on the left side of my face and a big one is about to come up on the right side. This is weird as I've been on the regimen for about 2 months now so I don't understand what is going on. Any help?

It really doesn't look like there has been improvement. If anything, I think it has gotten worse since I began Dan's regimen. I don't know what else to do.

bump