Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RebeccaDeWinter

Is using a little dairy in my coffee unhealthy?

Dairy doesn't give me acne, but I don't really think it's healthy either. However, I'm doubting a tiny bit of organic cream or half and half in my morning cup of coffee will make much difference. I don't really eat dairy otherwise, except for the occasional treat of ice cream or Greek yogurt.

Any thoughts?

I think dairy especially in low amount as you are doing should be your least concern when drinking COFFEE!

EDIT*

Why don't you experiment with B12 chewable tablets ? They give you good energy too!

Edited by kart10

I think dairy especially in low amount as you are doing should be your least concern when drinking COFFEE!

EDIT*

Why don't you experiment with B12 chewable tablets ? They give you good energy too!

Thank for your reply! I don't believe a cup of COFFEE =) a day will do me harm. I don't really drink it for its health properties, or energy properties for that matter, I just drink it for the taste and I like the tradition off having it with my breakfast.

Anyway, I think I'll just stick to almond milk in it.

OH, I have recently read that a component of milk blocks antioxidant absorption. This was concerning green tea and it's specific antioxidants,but I wonder if this could possibly true for coffee as well?

Almond milk sounds great in coffee! Do you notice the "nutty" flavor or would I still need to add my hazelnut syrup?

OH, I have recently read that a component of milk blocks antioxidant absorption. This was concerning green tea and it's specific antioxidants,but I wonder if this could possibly true for coffee as well?

Almond milk sounds great in coffee! Do you notice the "nutty" flavor or would I still need to add my hazelnut syrup?

I've read that about milk too, and that's not good for me because I drink coffee with my first breakfast which is fruit. I don't notice a nutty flavor at all, it tastes really good to me! But I don't really remember what regular milk tastes like lol. I actually make my own to save money. It's so easy. I would say if you like a really nutty flavor you would still need the hazelnut; I love that too!

woah people. I didn't ask for comments about the coffee. I already explained my views on it... This reminds me why I stopped coming to this board- too much paranoia and shoving one's opinions onto others that didn't ask. Reading this board can make you a hypochrondriac, but my skin never improved while reading it. I'm not sure what cleared my skin but it is now as clear as I could hope. I eat healthy but I don't worry about making every single thing that goes into my body perfect. That would be just boring and pointless. I'd rather be healthy and enjoy life. Because I think you can be absolutely wonderfully healthy and still not have an absolutely 100% perfect diet. E.g. I like coffee with my breakfast. Thanks...

A cup of coffee is not bad for you. I drink a cup or two every single day and I have since I was at least 15 years old. I'm sensitive to the caffeine so I switched to decaf, but I have never had a single breakout or health problem from it. Ever. This isn't to imply that it's a health food or that people can't be sensitive to it - but it's not something that's imperative to avoid unless you experience personal problems from it.

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/art...19/19coffee.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21258859

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21240590

Dairy itself is highly inflammatory and if you don't strictly buy organic, you're getting a nice heaping glass of antibiotics and extra hormones that will impair health more than aid it.

As far as putting some dairy in your daily coffee, use organic whipping cream or whole milk. Half and half is typically cream mixed with dairy that has had the fat reduced and the reduced fat dairy products are the ones that studies show most prevalently cause acne.

I've tried using whipping cream in my coffee, but it tasted too strong. Once the ice on the roads here melt, I'll try some organic whole milk.

As for using almond milk - I HATE almond milk in my coffee, despite my love of almond milk in general. You have to use a ton of it to get that thick, creaminess that creamers give you and because you have to use so much, it really weakens the flavor - assuming you don't like weak coffee.

7/11 has powdered dairy-free creamers. I had coffee with it months ago and it tastes nice and creamy. I have no idea what's in it,though. :lol:

I have yet to see a non-dairy creamer whose first few ingredients DOESN'T contain "corn syrup solids"

I have irish cream in my coffee. I stopped to see if it caused any changes in my health.

Nothing noticeable so I continue to drink it. To each their own really, if you have no side effects then drink on girl.

"A growing body of research shows that coffee drinkers, compared to nondrinkers, are:

+less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and dementia

+have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes "

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features...new-health-food

^

This is for everyone who decided to not answer your question and insert their own judgements and opinions.

Just a couple of points

The relationship of acne to dairy is not like an allergy where you can be allergic to parts per million so must be very careful.

Instead, it is related to your genetic tendency to acne and the amount that tendency is turned on by hormones of various types in the dairy. The little bit you are having is almost worry-free.

I found almond milk tends to curdle in my coffee - maybe that is a brand-by-brand thing but it looked distinctly non-appetizing. I like and use regularly the Silk Creamer, but some folks worry about soy ... not me.

Organic milk comes from cows not given rBST, which is good, and not fed with anything that contains antibiotics, insecticides, herbicides, and other semi-selective poisons, which is good.

What is NOT good about dairy products from 'organic' cows is that they actually are healthier and the milk contains even more of the **naturally-occurring hormones** that make acne occur in those with the genetic tendency.

If you never get acne, you really don't need to worry about dairy giving you acne.

Then all you need to worry about is breast and prostate cancer.