Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SimplePimple

Sleep cycle?

I tried searching but didn't find anything... How does a good sleep cycle affect your acne?

Anyone tested and tried this? Does it help to sleep much?

Well stress can be a contributing factor, and not having a proper sleep schedule could cause stress.Not only on your mind,but your body as well.

If you deprave yourself of sleep,I do believe it could also affect your body's ability to heal itself.

Getting the proper amount of sleep at regular times is important, regardless of whether it affects your acne.

My skin always looks better when I get 8 hrs + a night. After naps it looks better too. And I believe that the less you sleep the less skin cell turnover happens (the night time kind... ) and it's just bad.

My skin always looks better when I get 8 hrs + a night. After naps it looks better too. And I believe that the less you sleep the less skin cell turnover happens (the night time kind... ) and it's just bad.

Are there any scientific prove of this? Any survey or whatever? =P

From what I've read, it's due to a hormone called melatonin. I don't want to tell you anything that's not true, and I don't know that much about it, so I suggest you look it up.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

^ yea me too!

also i know that its the best to get the sleep between 10pm-3am, its the time when body heals the best, i don remember the idea behind this, but ive heard it from diff places plenty (from tibetian medicine books, somewhere on net n from some ppl here too), also theres that melatonin thing too n oh also there was this rem sleep thing, basically one full cycle of all sleep stages (where rem is in) is 90 minutes, so to wake up refreshed, not tired u have to sleep so that each cycle is completed completely, like usual ~8 hours of sleep would make 5 such cycles, but if u wake up n break cycle somewhere in the middle of it ull feel rly sleepy n tired..anyhow imo u can sleep less too, just make sure u do it within 10-3 time n finish those cycles, im sure this could benefit acne too, bcz i remember when i was somewhat following those rules my skin deff imporved, just by that alone, its just that its damn hard to fix sleeping -__-

oh and also! its good thing to sleep near to window, n go to sleep when its naturally dark (will be difficult if u live in city tho :doubt:) n leave curtains open, so that when at morning it becomes light, ull wake up naturally at the most right time n feel well, or so it was said at least.

oh and 1 mo thing, its bad to sleep too less but also bad to sleep too much too, esp if u do it in wrong times, a short nap during day is ok tho, but i read in some sleeping book once, that its better to keep it short, 10-30 minutes n not more, that way u feel more energy afterwards, for some reason.

I think aside from getting a good 8 hr sleep, you should try to reduce your stress level by trying not to think about your skin all the time. I know it's hard but the more you're willing to relax, the better it gets.

I remember I tried to have a good 8+ hour sleep at normal hours, desperately hoping to heal my acne. But I forgot that I was super stressed out about my condition that having a consistent 8+ hour of sleep just didn't do much for me.

Hope this helps! :)

Unless you're someone who significantly DEPRIVES yourself from sleep (2-5) hours a night consistently, you're probably not going to notice many benefits towards your acne. If your someone who goes to bed at like 4am every night and wakes up at 1pm you should probably try falling asleep a couple hours earlier, it may not help your acne that much but it's just a good habit.