Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, I've been off accutane since december, and I've gotten 4 small zits on my forehead again. I'm so afraid of getting acne back!!

I don't use any lotions, I shave like once a week, and shower now and then. I don't eat anything out of the ordinary or anything. My question is;

Should i use anything? Like a cleanser, moisturizer etc? And how do you reccomend i shave? =)

Thanks a lot

xx

I think you should keep up a skincare routine after accutane.What kind of stuff did you try prior the accutane?

My skin was dry for months after I stopped my round of tane, is yours like this as well?

I'd probably start off with something very gentle at first. Cetaphil,Aveeno ultra calming foam cleanser,and kiss my face start up cleanser are all something I feel safe in recommending people try.

Depending on how dry you are you could probably get by with washing once a day,preferably at night.

The only non-acne moisturizer I can really recommend is MyChelle's fruit enzyme spray,but that is more suited for normal to oily. I used Eucerin nighttime calming cream when I was ON tane, but I don't know if it's suitable for acne-prone individuals.

Some people get prescribed a retinoid (such as Differin) after their tane course for maintenance ,but that's up to you and your dermatologist.

Edited by OmegaisJaded

I think you should keep up a skincare routine after accutane.What kind of stuff did you try prior the accutane?

My skin was dry for months after I stopped my round of tane, is yours like this as well?

I'd probably start off with something very gentle at first. Cetaphil,Aveeno ultra calming foam cleanser,and kiss my face start up cleanser are all something I feel safe in recommending people try.

Depending on how dry you are you could probably get buy with washing once a day,preferably at night.

The only non-acne moisturizer I can really recommend is MyChelle's fruit enzyme spray,but that is more suited for normal to oily. I used Eucerin nighttime calming cream when I was ON tane, but I don't know if it's suitable for acne-prone individuals.

Some people get prescribed a retinoid (such as Differin) after their tane course for maintenance ,but that's up to you and your dermatologist.

Hi!

Before, I used Dan's regimen, and it really hurt my skin.. I am really stressing about this, because people have so many different routines they "swear" to. I want to have a routine too, especially when it comes to washing, showering and shaving - just the basic stuff.

Should i moisturize after my shower?

If I decide to by a cleanser and a moisturizer, what should I look for? I live in Norway, so I can't find the same products as you guys. But anything in particular I should look for in a cleanser or moisturizer?