acne, as opposed to using harsh gels/creams and antibiotics. I use a few

myself!

I have a question though.

Is it possible to achieve good results via the holistic approach for

people whose acne is genetic?

Is it that people who lead bad lifestyles, switched to a certain holistic

method achieved clear skin?

My mom told me she had mild to moderate acne up to her thirties and still

has not outgrown it. She still gets a few, rather very less.

So what do you guys think?

Whether or not you had family member who also had acne or no is irrelevant. My mom has brown eyes, my dad has blue eyes. I have green eyes. Where did they come from? That's the nature of genes. If acne is a recessive gene, and both your parents have that recessive gene, the wouldn't have acne themselves, but they could produce a child who was acne-prone.

I was never very unhealthy before I switched to a better diet/lifestyle. I ate a pretty average "healthy" diet, with grains, dairy, meat, veggies, and fruit. I only occasionally ate chips or whatever. I didn't drink soda. But cutting out dairy (except for yogurt), cutting out gluten (I have full blown Celiac disease), refined sugars, and most other grains really helped me. Implementing more physical activity and stress relief activity also help.

Acne is only a symptom of a deeper problem in the body, related to to nutrient absorption, hormones, the ridding of toxins, etc. Genes can most certainly affect this, and it means that some of us have to be more careful with our diets and lifestyles than others.

Good luck on your endeavors for a healthier you ^_^

All acne is genetics. There isn't a person who has acne that didn't get it from their genes.

That doesn't mean it can't be overcome. It just means we have to work harder then those who got the lucky recessive gene.

^ Exactly... acne is what we get because of our genes. Our bodies aren't healthy, and it expresses it through a weak link... in our case... acne, because that's what is in our genes.

But other people end up with a whole array of other diseases and annoyances, because that is what is in their genes.

But if the body and mind are healthy, then the weak link won't be expressed. So yes... I don't think anyone should believe they can't get clear because they were simply cursed with it from their parents. It's not true.

Yes already stated, except for those clogging their pores with topicals or something environmental, all of our acne is genetic.

And yes, diet and healthy lifestyle can keep you clear. Just like with cancers, diabetes and all kinds of health conditions, genetics only counts for part of your odds for developing the condition. I hear TV doctors say 30% all the time, which I doubt is scientific, but the point still stands. The rest is what you do. It's mostly what you do.

OK..CelloIsLove, Thehoper, Tangerine and alternativista just replied to my post..WOW!

I can be over reacting, but honestly speaking I really consider you guys my idols!

CelloIsLove: You say that you have cut out dairy except yogurt. Why not yogurt? Doesn't it fall under the dairy category? I was reading somewhere, a lot of people who are lactose intolerant can consume cheese.(special kind?) What are your thoughts on that?

Thehoper:Thank you for your reply. I still don't know what you mean by the recessive gene but I will look into that.

Tangerine:Dude you know you rock! I just got an e-mail notification of your Feb. post!

alternativista:Thank you for replying.

^ Exactly... acne is what we get because of our genes. Our bodies aren't healthy, and it expresses it through a weak link... in our case... acne, because that's what is in our genes.

But other people end up with a whole array of other diseases and annoyances, because that is what is in their genes.

But if the body and mind are healthy, then the weak link won't be expressed. So yes... I don't think anyone should believe they can't get clear because they were simply cursed with it from their parents. It's not true.

hey, what you ve said.... does that mean...we people who have acne are less prone to other problems than non acne people..... because through first hand experience....i see that people with severe acne scars but no acne(obviously grew out of acne).... are very healthy despite having the same diets....

because i am 18 and i see other people my age.....dont go through the array of difficulties in life i go thrgh.... the numerous supplements i spend on and take and have no social life etc... but they just hella njoy shit!

Haha! Yeah as of now I am accepting free donations to "Make TheHoper Rich Foundation" :D

On a reality note, I'm just another guy trying to help others get through the hard times. I'd feel..rude if I didn't help others. Whoever is above us or watching down on us helped me through my disease, so I have no right to not continue with helping others. It's just really an awesome feeling to when I read people beating their acne, and if I had something to do with it then it's just fantastic. I get more excited when others are finding success then for myself.