Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wishful thinker

filling in depressed scars

I've never found anything that fills in depressed scars, but foundation that reflects light a little, like semi-matte makeup, helps soften their appearance a bit. Some people say the opposite, but that's how it has worked for me.

Hiya has anyone found a primer that actually fills in open pores and icepick scars plz?

I'm not sure that I can give you a specific primer (sorry!) however, I can tell you that you want to look for one with Silicone in it. Ingredients to look for are: dimethicone or methicone. Silicone is supposedly non-comedogenic because the molecule is too large to penetrate the pore (there are debates about this). Because of this property, it sits on top of skin and would probably be your best bet in a primer. Scarzone A acne contains silicone. I just bought it today so I can't tell you too much about it but I can tell you about some of the ingredients. It contains salycilic acid which is supposed to help speed cell turnover (which helps prevent and treat acne). It also contains green tea. This is supposed to be anti-inflammatory and possibly antiseptic. Lastly it has silicone. Based on how it feels on my face right now, I would say that this may actually be a great primer option for you. I know, I know, it's not meant to be a primer. Still... and it's pretty cheap!

P.S. At Sephora you can test out different primers. If you don't want to try scarzone A then maybe you could go there and see how the different primers feel. Just a warning though, they will be expensive.

Edited by Tansy