Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

those who say Benzoyl peroxide caused pitted scars

Guest Timehealsall

I do not get how some people get pitted scars from benzoyl peroxide (makes the acne more prone to scarring). Scientifically, is there anything that can support this?

Can benzoyl peroxide change the physiology of your skin to the point where you get more pitted scars?

I just dont get it.

i got two pitted scars from bp, and one scar was healed before i start using bp, then it just show up and become pitted after 2 weeks on bp, but my skin look better when its not oily and bp helped against acne, sometimes i get few cysts when my face gets too dry though, i am using bp over 4 months, lately i have been experiencing more breakouts than usual, but thats probably because antibiotics wear off, its almost 7months after i stoped using them and i am planning to avoid dermatologists in the future cause in the end i always end up taking antibiotics that work for half year and after that acne come back, i will continue using bp cause i dont have any choice and its better to accept my skin than to think i am outgrowing acne when i am on antibiotics and after some time, bang, acne come back and i become depressed like shit...

Guest Timehealsall

in your case, i think the cysts were the main cause, no?

I do not get how some people get pitted scars from benzoyl peroxide (makes the acne more prone to scarring). Scientifically, is there anything that can support this?

Can benzoyl peroxide change the physiology of your skin to the point where you get more pitted scars?

I just dont get it.

when i used BP it made me two small scars on my left cheek but almost besides the eye, and now they actually fade away you can barely see it, they turn like light brown color at first it was red.

i had a very bad experience with BP because at first it worked wonders for me but after two months of using it. it made my forehead horribly with small pimples all over my forehead! my nose was horrible too, it had like 10 small pimples. my skin was very dry and flacky, and my skin tone change color! it was like brown, it looked like if i tan!! it´s been like two months now that i havent use BP and now my skin is wonderful it change back their color my skin is very white (not pale), the pimples that i have on my forehead are small and they are like 5 but very small, my nose is all clear i don´t have pimples. now i´m using a face wash it´s called ACNIBEN RX CREAM CLEANSER this product works magic on mild acne, it cleans your face, it dries your pimples, it takes off all the oil of the skin, it hides your pimples also etc. this product is soo good!.

i would never in my life use BP every again! it ruined my skin! my was benzoyl peroxide 5% i hate it!

BP might help you pretty fast with your acne but is very harmful to the skin. since i decided to use natural products that don´t contain any chemical stuff for my skin now my skin looks much healthier. you just have to give it a time, don´t rush on things, try to use natural products.

yep, but there was that scar that healed and disappeared 100% before i start using bp, after few weeks on regimen scar came back and become pitted, now i avoid putting bp on those 2 scars, they arent that bad, you cant see them if you arent examining my face standing very close to me but they are there for sure :D

its true that acne causes scars but bp isnt good for some scars (expecialy old ones), and its better to avoid putting bp on them...

my english (grammar) sucks haha, who will teach me :P

Edited by Poet

Guest Timehealsall

I just dont get it.

when i used BP it made me two small scars on my left cheek but almost besides the eye, and now they actually fade away you can barely see it, they turn like light brown color at first it was red.

i had a very bad experience with BP because at first it worked wonders for me but after two months of using it. it made my forehead horribly with small pimples all over my forehead! my nose was horrible too, it had like 10 small pimples. my skin was very dry and flacky, and my skin tone change color! it was like brown, it looked like if i tan!! it´s been like two months now that i havent use BP and now my skin is wonderful it change back their color my skin is very white (not pale), the pimples that i have on my forehead are small and they are like 5 but very small, my nose is all clear i don´t have pimples. now i´m using a face wash it´s called ACNIBEN RX CREAM CLEANSER this product works magic on mild acne, it cleans your face, it dries your pimples, it takes off all the oil of the skin, it hides your pimples also etc. this product is soo good!.

i would never in my life use BP every again! it ruined my skin! my was benzoyl peroxide 5% i hate it!

BP might help you pretty fast with your acne but is very harmful to the skin. since i decided to use natural products that don´t contain any chemical stuff for my skin now my skin looks much healthier. you just have to give it a time, don´t rush on things, try to use natural products.

did you stop the BP cold turkey? Did you have any breakouts followin git?

Guest Timehealsall

yep, but there was that scar that healed and disappeared 100% before i start using bp, after few weeks on regimen scar came back and become pitted, now i avoid putting bp on those 2 scars, they arent that bad, you cant see them if you arent examining my face standing very close to me but they are there for sure :D

its true that acne causes scars but bp isnt good for some scars (expecialy old ones), and its better to avoid putting bp on them...

my english (grammar) sucks haha, who will teach me :P

DId your scar start getting better after you stopped putting BP on it?

If BP isnt good for old pitted scars, then how would you prevent that area from getting pimples??

DId your scar start getting better after you stopped putting BP on it?

If BP isnt good for old pitted scars, then how would you prevent that area from getting pimples??

yes its a little better, its not that pitted like before, but color is still purple/red

and about "what do I do to prevent that area from getting pimples", the answer is: NOTHING :D

haha, but i put a little bit of anti redness cream on that two scars, and when i am putting bp i avoid the area where the scars are, lol

so far i didnt experience any breakouts on the scars area

Edited by Poet

Well i just ordered my first shipment of the acne.org regimen. How are the first couple of weeks? hopefully not too desert like.. . but i'm hopeful!

Well I'm on day two, i haven't had any dryness or redness yet. how long does is usually take to start flaking?

For me the redness kicked in about 5 days on the regimen. The dryness usually comes around at the same mark, even if you moisturize well, and may get stronger when you increase the amount of BP.

Not everybody seems to get a red face but the dryness should come every time, so don't forget to keep your face moisturized because you think it's not as dry as people said. It will get dry, believe me, so don't get careless. :)

Guest Timehealsall

Has anyone that has been on the regimen getting enlarged pores whilst on benzoyl peroxide... or did the opposite happen?

Edited by Timehealsall

Guest Timehealsall
opposite happened to me.

ah crap... maybe that is why i am getting enlarged pores

Did your pores just randomly enlarge... or did something come out of them before they enlarged

Guest Timehealsall

Do any of you guys just pat the benzoyl peroxide on your face instead of rubbing it similar to how dan does in his videos?

I have been doing this lately because i have pustules on my face and i am very scared to rub the BP on top of them. So i just pat the bp on my face.... will the BP still get absorbed like this?

I dooooooo, well if i use alot of BP then yes I do pat. When I use little bit, I don't pat because I don't need to.

Seems to absorb for me.

Guest Timehealsall

thanks for the response.

Is there any reason as to why you pat on the BP instead of rubbing it in?

Guest Timehealsall

anyone else getting enlarged pores from BP?

Guest Timehealsall

bump

Guest Timehealsall

So i have been getting some itchyness right after i apply the BP and it lasts for like 20 minutes before it goes away... my skin also turns bright red (rosacea red) and sometimes it goes away sometimes it doesnt.

I also notice that my pores are enlarging

Should i stop the regimen? If so, should i slowly get off of it? i have been on it for 10 months

Guest Timehealsall

well basically, in areas where i applied the benzoyl peroxide, after 10 months, i noticed some of my pores are "enlarged"

It could be due to the BP bringin out the stuff... but i dunno.

Maybe it could also be because of my seborrheic dermatitis?