Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fernandox

Do you think you can recover from acne?

I get what you mean. I feel like I'm wasting my high school years. I could be getting out, hanging out with friends y'know, having fun while I still can - before school finishes and I have to get a fulltime job and work all day.. I think I will always be at least a bit socially awkward - but hopefully one day to a lesser extent than right now.

But your acne is gone? Be confident in yourself! And I'm sure the girls at uni who are talking to you are because they are interested in you/want to be your friend (: I mean, take those opportunities! Get to know them!

But I guess it's not as easy as that.. I mean I'd find it hard myself. But don't give up hope! Life is still ahead of you! You're still young, there's still tons of things you can get out there and do.

Good luck!

This topic is something a lot more people on this board need to realize. They blame all their problems on their acne thinking that the acne is the reason that they can't do this, or they can't do that.

Then their skin clears up and nothing changes. All the negative thought patterns that began before acne or during acne have got a vice grip on your brain now, and they aren't letting go. It's not a lightswitch that makes you go from socially awkward and shy to the most confident, funny, popular go getter around.

Acne is not making you do anything. It's not actually restricting your life, you are restricting your own life and letting acne be the excuse for it.

The only way to ensure that you will have a happy and fulfilling clear skin life is if you start to live your life as if you were clear, while you still have acne. This way, your negative thought patterns have a chance to transform into confidence and happiness that will carry over into when you actually get clear.... and taking on this mindset will help you get clear in itself. It's win win.

Of course, its not that easy! I know. I've been clear for a long time and I still feel a lot of fear about acne and that I can't seem to shake. I'm really working on my emotional problems now though, I want them gone once and for all.

Anyway... OP... you gotta start meditating, telling yourself positive affirmations, believing in yourself, and making a point to change the way you think. Only then will you or anyone actually be free from this curse!

Gyro, you can absolutely get past the negative wall you've erected around yourself, but you are going to have to be the one to do it. It takes time. There's no rush. You're emotionally scarred and rightly so.

For some people, throwing themselves to the wolves (so to speak) by forcing themselves to be more social does work. For others, baby steps are needed. And for others, professional therapy is needed. If you're true to yourself with your limitations and thought processes, I think you'll figure out the path that's right for you to get around your wall.

Wow i kinda never thought about it that way before. I thought that no acne=happy happy happy. Maybe the long wait might affect the results for me. But i sure i wont. And im sure you will gain your personality back. Just give it some time

Yeah when I had a bad breakout last year I kind of became socially retarded myself. People would get pissed off when I wouldn't look in their eyes. Then my acne started getting better and I got more comfortable. I'm still self concious about the way my face looks though.

you can recover from acne. Years ago I had it bad and never thought it would end, atleast not without scars. Well years later acne is gone fully with no traces of it ever exisiting. When i had acne there were no such thing as girls in my life.. After acne there were a few girls, but all ended in heart break anyway. So whats better, to get a few girls but get hurt every time (4 times for me since acne) or to just have no self esteem and not have any girls come your way? I recovered from acne, only to hit other bumps in the road.