Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pollywog

At home single needle scar treatment...has anyone bought this?

I haven't bought that specifically but I use standard size #8, #10 and #12 tattoo needles with up to 18 needles.

It is having a very positive effect for me albeit slowly.

I have bought them, but had not had the time to use them yet. They seem to stop at 2mm, because of the way they are made. Anybody else use them yet?

i have used them, one scar filled up almost 30% in one treatment

can you give more details? Was it three months after the one treatment that you saw final results? How many times did you poke with the needle, was it a wide scar or small ice-pick type? Thanks!

I have bought them, but had not had the time to use them yet. They seem to stop at 2mm, because of the way they are made. Anybody else use them yet?

Are you sure you weren't just basing your estimates when the microswelling was in effect?

I usually look 50-80% improved the day after a needling session but that slowly subsides once the swelling goes down.

my apologies for not being very descriptive as I tend to visit this site through my phone.. let me give a little history

I began stamping somewhere in August of 2009, and I did about 4 sessions 6 weeks apart. My last session was somewhere in March I believe. I have very wide boxcar scars and a few big icepicks. The boxcar scars barely improved, results were hardly noticeable although the icepick scars seemed to improve about 10% each session, results were also minimal. I should note that for the first 3 stamping sessions I used LED lights every night and used Terproline in the morning & Super CP serum at night & I wore zinc based sunscreen daily

It wasnt until my 3rd session when I began individually needling the scars that my scars began to respond better, although my wide boxcar scars barely responded to this. By individually needling the scars (which I did with diabetic lancets at an angle) I would estimate the improvement on my icepick scars bumped up to 15% the most. Keep in mind that with needling and stamping, results are very very slow. I took about 15 weeks off before my 4th session and honestly after the 3rd session of stamping/needling, it wasnt until the 12th week that I saw noteable difference, I guess its because we all develop collagen differently, some faster then others. Although another important factor was that after about 9weeks post needling/stamping, I got lazy and stopped using sunscreen & stopped applying topicals and stopped the LED therapy all together and I think if I would have stuck with it I may have had good improvement.

On January 11th of this year I chose to individually needle my scars with those 2.0mm needles, I chose to do about 4-5 scars since it was my first time individually needling with 2.0mm so I wanted to kind of test the waters to see the results. I do LED therapy either daily, or sometimes I will take a break from the therapy and do it 2-3 days after the last session. I use this vitamin a&c cream that I buy from the divinebeauty site (im not advertising them, thsi is just the cream I use because I began stamping with their kit, which is highly expensive and wish i would have known about the stamps on ebay because i would have saved a lot of money) and I use Terproline every night. The wide boxcar scar that I needled improved so far 25-30%, the 2 icepick scars improved about 30-35% and another boxcar scar improved about 15-20%... The hardest scars to treat are the ones on my temple which BARELY respond at all to any needling but I will be needling these with diabetic lancets at an angle subscision style to break up that stubborn scar tissue that i have there, or i may even attempt a tca peel as well, its too wide for TCA cross.

Other important factors that may play into this is that since I have begun a vegan diet, I have not had a single pimple and hopefully that continues(god willing, prevention is the key) I use oxy maximum pads (2% salicylic acid) in the morning and night, then i wash my face after i let it dry for about 15mins and apply the topical then. Also I am an amateur boxer so I am pretty active. I take multivitamins daily, and take 50mg of zinc at night daily, and I wear zinc base sunscreen daily and although I do have moderate-severe scarring, my scars are pretty concentrated in certain areas and the healthy skin looks amazing. I will begin logging my treatments beginning with my next needling session during the week of 3/7/11 allowing an 8 week break from my last session.

If you guys have any questions feel free to PM me, and sorry for this long post but I am very optimistic with individually needling my scars using 2.0mm needles and im too scared to attempt anything more invasive due to all the horror stories, if i can keep from scarring any further i would even actually be content with my skin the way it is since it hasnt played a part in me meeting women or making friends, im pretty confident thanks to boxing :) Hope you guys find this useful!

Thanks for the review of the needles, they are a good price so I may try them, I have grown tired of the stamp as it is still to big for my scars and I don't want to touch my good skin.

im interested in this but there's nothing really out there that explains this treatment. There's a ton on rolling and some on stamping but not on individual needling. I know it's the same principle but still, i'd like to have instructions and reviews and boards talking about individual needling like they do derma rolling.