Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dolphins

dermabrasion

My scars are relatively new, less than 4 months, and minimal. Would it be ok to get a dermabrasion with Dr. Y at this stage?

Scars are mild(superficial with nothing deep)and some uneveness and some orange peel quality, but they bother me a lot. Could anyone who has had a dermabrasion with dr. Y give me some advice?Should I go with peels instead?

Thanks

Guest *Clara

I had dermabrasion and It faded my scars completely. It took 5 treatments which were expensive. This took many down-times but you eventually heal. Now I'm on glycolic peels.

I had dermabrasion and It faded my scars completely. It took 5 treatments which were expensive. This took many down-times but you eventually heal. Now I'm on glycolic peels.

Guest *Clara

mmm around a grand I think, but it did an awesome job at the end.

I think it is unhealthy to become obssessed with one's skin. blink.gif

However I can definately understand the passion to rid scars completely. bb_eusa_whistle.gif

My guess is that she's talking about microdermabrasion since she was talking about redmarks, not scars.

However I can definately understand the passion to rid scars completely. bb_eusa_whistle.gif

Yes, I think it's unhealthy to obsess over something about which you can do nothing, but...well, you get the point. I'm a little worried as a guy that all of this fussing about my appearance is going to make me vain. Whoever said vanity is bad, anyway? As long as a person is happy, what difference does it make? On the other hand, ignorance is bliss. Before I started focusing my attention on my scars, I was much happier. Now that the veil has been lifted, though, I don't think I will find contentment until I do something. I will be "obsessed" with skin until I solve this problem.

Some of us are just obsessive too. I am now obsessing about obsession blink.gif

I have the same vanity issue with dermabrasion. It makes me feel silly for wanting it. The acne scars have been on my face since my late teens. It has been over 15 years and I thought I have learned to live with it. Obviously the scars still bother me after all those years. Several months ago I stumbled onto the board and discovered effective scar treatments. There are Glycolic Peel, Salicylic Peel, Salicylic Mask, copper peptides cream and copper peptide lotion in my medicine cabinet. I have started Smooth Beam treatment. Before that I was clueless and content. Ignorance is bliss! Now I will not stop until I have tried most of the treatment that I can afford. Dermabrasion will be one of them. Yes, I have to admit it is an unhealthy obsession. Johnchlebeck, you are right nobody ever said vanity in men is bad. But if vanity makes me happier then let it be.

I will call Dr. Yarborough office next week to schedule a consultation in November and go through Dermabrasion in early March.

Thorn....

can you clarify if you've had microdermabrasion or dermabrasion? The money part doesn't make sense for the dermabrasion but the "many down-times" doesn't makes sense for the microdermabrasion.

Please let us know! Thanks!

portlandboy23