Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
switch124

Dairy and Acne Definite Connection?

I've recently been diagnosed with candida and bacterial overgrowth. The solution for bacteria is a simple antibiotic but the candida is much harder to fix. I'll need to radically change my diet. Right now I've cut out all gluten, dairy, nuts, corn and sort of eggs. I know for a fact that whenever I eat peanut butter or almond butter I will breakout along my jawline, sideburns, and neck area. I also know for a fact that corn gives me digestive problems and also likely contributes to my acne. The other three, I'm not so sure about.

Right now my face is doing real well and I'm feeling alot better now that I'm on an antibiotic and the bad bacteria is on its way out. But with the candida diet I need to cut out all grains/carbs, I eat A LOT of rice, rice bread, rice cereal, rice milk... I've cut all this out but I need other foods to replace all the rice I was consuming. I was thinking dairy, or at least yogurt. I wouldnt eat a alot perhaps a yogurt every other day. The only reason I cut it out in the first place was for the fact that so many people/research(?) related it to acne. I've been off dairy for over 3 years, my mom is lactose intolerant so its been really easy for me to stay dairy free. In fact, I can't remember a time when I've actually cheated.

So I'm wondering will eating yogurt DEFINITELY break me out? Like I said my acne is doing real well and I'd really NOT like to experiment on my face right now, but I realize thats likely the only way I can tell for sure. Anyway, is there anyone out there who eats dairy/yogurt without it causing breakouts? Other opinions are welcome too. Thanks

Switch

for me personally dairy defnitely breaks me out. last week my face was like almost clear and 2 days ago I ate ice cream and now have little breakouts all over my chin, temples, even cheeks (which is someplace I never usually get pimples).

as you said yourself you don't want to experiment so I would just keep up the no milk thing.

does soy seem to break you out? you could do soy milk. or try almond milk.

you could try jsut drinking OJ and water, maybe look up some vegan recipes? sorry this is all I've got :P

It definitely gives me breakouts in my mouth region, but then again, I was quite lactose intolerant when I was younger, and I still think I am, just of a lesser degree.

I've recently been diagnosed with candida and bacterial overgrowth. The solution for bacteria is a simple antibiotic but the candida is much harder to fix. I'll need to radically change my diet. Right now I've cut out all gluten, dairy, nuts, corn and sort of eggs. I know for a fact that whenever I eat peanut butter or almond butter I will breakout along my jawline, sideburns, and neck area. I also know for a fact that corn gives me digestive problems and also likely contributes to my acne. The other three, I'm not so sure about.

Right now my face is doing real well and I'm feeling alot better now that I'm on an antibiotic and the bad bacteria is on its way out. But with the candida diet I need to cut out all grains/carbs, I eat A LOT of rice, rice bread, rice cereal, rice milk... I've cut all this out but I need other foods to replace all the rice I was consuming. I was thinking dairy, or at least yogurt. I wouldnt eat a alot perhaps a yogurt every other day. The only reason I cut it out in the first place was for the fact that so many people/research(?) related it to acne. I've been off dairy for over 3 years, my mom is lactose intolerant so its been really easy for me to stay dairy free. In fact, I can't remember a time when I've actually cheated.

So I'm wondering will eating yogurt DEFINITELY break me out? Like I said my acne is doing real well and I'd really NOT like to experiment on my face right now, but I realize thats likely the only way I can tell for sure. Anyway, is there anyone out there who eats dairy/yogurt without it causing breakouts? Other opinions are welcome too. Thanks

Switch

You really aren't supposed to eat dairy on an anti-candida diet anyways (except for plain non flavored yogurt). I have been on the candida diet for 8 days now, and my skin is doing much better. I have had plain yogurt (Plain because it is low in sugar) every other day without problems. How long are you going to be on the candida diet? Antibiotics are terrible for fighting candida btw, are you taking antifungals?