Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneIsAPain

solodyn second time around not working?

some background: i have mild/moderate acne. not a lot of pimples but they're all over my face. redness and marks in places i believe caused by benzoyl peroxide. i'm 17 btw. i used solodyn a year ago and was put on 115mg dosage and some kind of gel. it cleared up my skin 100% within 2 months. i stopped taking it or doing anything besides washing my face regularly with OTC foam.

now a year later i'm on solodyn for three months now (at 135mg) with duac gel and my acne is barely budging. i used 115mg for 2 months and now my doc upped the dosage. i had an appointment last week and my derm believes it's working very slowly.

i am still breakin out! and the old small pimples aren't going away. why is solodyn not working so well anymore? is it cause i've developed resistant acne?

my derm is persitent about me stayin the course, but i continue to stay frustrated because it worked sooo well last time and now this time its so slow. (it's like comparing an M3 to a camry). oh and i read online that higher doses of solodyn have not shown to have an increased effect on acne. i'm already at 2mg/kg dosage...

should i stay the course? i want something stronger or something else but don't know what to ask for or what to do. it's having psychological effects on me too. i mean i still go out and shit but i don't feel the same without clear skin. always doubting myself because i value my appearance and have felt that acne was a sign of not taking care of yourself. now there's nothing i can do about it and i'll be feeling good then doubting myself the next minute. its like a rollercoaster ride.

help?