Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just finished up a 7-month course of Accutane on January 27, four days ago. While I no longer have any active acne, my skin still needs a bit of work to get to where I want it to be. I have a lot of facial redness, some scarring, and a bump that needs to be taken care of with plastic surgery, unfortunately.

When I expressed these concerns with my dermatologist at my last visit, he advised against any sort of real measures to correct scarring or the bump for "1-2 months." He basically told me that my skin is too weak after the Accutane and that I need to let it leave my system first. My questions...

1. All I want to do for the scarring and uneven skin-tone right now is use some AHA. Do I really have to wait a month to use it?

2. How long would you wait before getting minor plastic surgery done? The aforementioned bump is small (maybe 1-2mm in diameter) and right between my eyes. It makes me very self-conscious and I want it gone as soon as possible.

Thanks!