Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessikur55

I need help :P

Hello, My name is Jessica and I'm new here. I'm very happy I found this site because I feel so alone when I look in the mirror and see my acne.

My acne goes back to 7th grade. I'm a senior now. Back then, my acne was nothing. It was just a few blackheads here and there and the occasional zit. I used Benzol Peroxide for years until it just stopped working.

Now I have cysts and scars and its awful. No one in my family has zits! I look at my younger sister who's 3 years younger and I envy her because she's clear. I can't remember the last time I was clear.

I look at my boyfriend's female friends and think "Why the hell would he date me when he's surrounded by all these pretty faces?" It hurts. We're going to prom in April and I wanna have clear skin.

I'm currently on Murad as well as Minocycline. I've been on both for about 2 weeks. I'm starting to lose hope. I really wanna be pretty for my boyfriend so he has a pretty face to look at, not these disgusting cysts. I can see him looking at them and not me. He won't even kiss me on the cheek.

Does Murad work? (Its kinda clearing up, but not really.) Am I doing the right thing? I drink gallons of water and work out. Should I stay on Murad, or should I cancel next month's shipment.

Hello, My name is Jessica and I'm new here. I'm very happy I found this site because I feel so alone when I look in the mirror and see my acne.

My acne goes back to 7th grade. I'm a senior now. Back then, my acne was nothing. It was just a few blackheads here and there and the occasional zit. I used Benzol Peroxide for years until it just stopped working.

Now I have cysts and scars and its awful. No one in my family has zits! I look at my younger sister who's 3 years younger and I envy her because she's clear. I can't remember the last time I was clear.

I look at my boyfriend's female friends and think "Why the hell would he date me when he's surrounded by all these pretty faces?" It hurts. We're going to prom in April and I wanna have clear skin.

I'm currently on Murad as well as Minocycline. I've been on both for about 2 weeks. I'm starting to lose hope. I really wanna be pretty for my boyfriend so he has a pretty face to look at, not these disgusting cysts. I can see him looking at them and not me. He won't even kiss me on the cheek.

Does Murad work? (Its kinda clearing up, but not really.) Am I doing the right thing? I drink gallons of water and work out. Should I stay on Murad, or should I cancel next month's shipment.

I havent tried Murad but i know with most skin care systems they take a while to work so you might want to try it for another 2 weeks or even longer. i used proactiv and acne free years ago and they helped a bit but didnt do anything for my cystic acne. i use olay cleanser now and then benzaaclin. if you have access to a dermatologist i would get those cysts injected and either ask them for a topical or oral antibiotic. i know for myself the cysts dont go away otherwise. i wish you the best of luck and hope you can get to the derm. if not make an appt with your primary care physician because they can prescribe you antibiotics for your cysts.

Edited by Karen Howz

Something That Worked For Me

Hi. I am a 26 - year- old mama and full- time student. Last semester was my first year back to college and during my first semester, I became severely stressed. I started noticing that my minor blemishes became more frequent, and the cleanser that I was using was no longer working.

Since then, I’ve tried benzyl peroxide and salicylic acid products, both over-the- counter and pharicutical grade. Nothing worked!! The only thing I noticed was drier skin and my blemishes became cystic. They also became infected.

I even went through a couple laser therapy sessions and 3 IPL chemical peels. My acne was starting to subside, but the side effects were almost as bad as the acne itself. This is a more evasive option, and it does not treat the acne scars. Plus, it’s ridiculously expensive.

I battled the pain for almost 6 months until I started looking up holistic remedies. I found a couple that may help you, and it’s completely natural, so you don’t have to worry about nasty side effects.

Depending on your skin type, (if you have oily skin)you may want to opt for fresh herbs and diffusing them by boiling them in water, then draining the water into a jar for your mask and astringent. For normal to dry skin, you can purchase the essential oils from Camdengrey.com. If you decide to go this route, make sure you purchase essential oils, not fragrance oils.

Oatmeal mask

1) microwave some oatmeal, water, 2.5 ml. Rosemary and 2.5 ml. Lavender in a bowl for 2 minutes.

2)Wait 1 to 2 minutes for oatmeal to cool, then apply the mask on your face.

3) Let mask dry and gently wipe with a washcloth to rinse

4) pat face dry with a towel.

Rosemary and lavender astringent

1)Take the diffused water or essential oils you used for the mask to make your astringent..

All you need is a few drops of each. Massage both herbs into your skin until dry. You may feel a tingle, and that means the herbs are working J… put non- greasy lotion on right after.

Purchase the clinique cleansing line. They will help you decide what type of product you will need.( Avoid the acne line… It has a tendency of over-drying the face)

Hopefully, after two to three weeks, you will notice your acne diminish. Once this occurs, it is ok to start exfoliating daily. Exfoliation helps with dimishing acne scars. Try to find cloth exfoliatiors with fibers instead of a normal loofa. They are easier to disinfect and do not carry as much bacteria.

The good thing about Rosemary and Lavender is that they are both antiseptics, which means they have the same properties as peroxide or alcohol, without the drying effects. Continuing use of the two will bring blood flow to the surface of the skin, which promotes cell- growth and will reverse some of the scarring and discoloration. Be aware that when using natural herbs, make sure that you discontinue any over- the -counter treatments because it could lead to over drying.

Because Rosemary is used to bring blood- flow to the surface of the skin, it is important to make sure you do not have high- blood pressure or any other heart- related conditions. Lavender is much milder, and is so safe they use it on infants and elderly.

I’m writing to let you know that I feel your pain. Even though I haven’t endured this obstacle all of my life, it still made a huge impact on it. You’re a very strong individual. I hope this treatment works for you like it did me. No woman should feel less beautiful because of something so bothersome