Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wicky

Cleansers & Clogged Pores

I have so much congestion and clogged pores in my chin area only and i dont know what cleanser to use? I have rosacea so i need something gentle but it ends up clogging me like my latest one. Ive made several attempts at OCM and it only makes me breakout in welt like bumps and clogs me even more..Ive tried jojoba, castor, grapeseed and seabuckthorn oil..They all do the same. My skin does not like oil..I washed with Neutrogena Gentle cleaner, Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming cleanser, Serious Skin Cares Glycolic cleanser and the latest Skinceuticals Gentle Cleasner from my spa lady...Loved the B5 and phyto calming serum but the cleasner was like gunk and i used it for 5 days and im a mess..I cant get a handle and ive tried mandelic, bha, differin, tazorac, ziana and nothing stops them or rids them..The only way to get them out is extraction...help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was wrong with the Aveeno?

One thing you can do is make a cleanser out of water,honey, and clay as described in my signature. You apply,let it dry,and rinse it off. The clay will help absorb and remove your excess oil.Definitely use RAW honey,though. The processed stuff in the bear bottles is crap.

What else are you using for the rest of your regimen currently?

The formulation the acid is in is very important,as well. You can't just easily say that BHA is completely ineffective, because the formula it was in might have muted it's effects.

Blackheads take quite a bit of time to reduce in the first place. You might not even see results for many months! Products set out to remove them also run the risk of breaking you out after the first week or so of use because it is "purging" your skin. So take note of when you see a breakout when trying something new, it might not be a bad thing.

Extractions can either be harmful or helpful.You said in another thread you sometimes bleed after extractions,and I think you need to reconsider doing them on yourself. Paying a decent price at a skincare clinic that goes through steaming your face,a mild enzyme exfoliation,and educating you before facial extractions are good signs. You should never bleed after getting them removed! Your skin might be a little red,though.

Edited by OmegaisJaded

the aveeno was too drying and irritates my rosacea...i see you use the honey/water/clay thing in the morning but i dont wash in the morning just rinse with warm water...At night i need something to remove a little powder and concealer and im not sure if the honey thing would do the trick...ive often wondered about oatmeal as a cleanser...that might be drying too

Apparently oatmeal is actually good for dry skin.

The honey will NOT remove makeup unfortunately.

Have you tried diluting the popular gentle cleansers previously? That might be what you have to end up doing,or dropping the makeup so you can go with honey and clay.

I know Silk Naturals has an oil cleanser with an added emulsifier so it rinses off. They use apricot oil.It's not foaming or anything,just oily. :razz:

thanks omega...i have two clogged pores right now that are litteraly protroduing a white head from the pore...I dont dare touch it for fear of making it worse..im trying to leave it alone but it seems everything i wash with is either too dry or too emollient. Last night i mixed cerave with a AHA gentle cleanser by serious skin care and it was ok..not great..I need to find that balance and dont want to use something harsh tonight but the cerave alone doesnt thrill me either..Have you heard anything about Boscia products?

I haven't used them personally but you should really create an account with Makeupalley.com

It's a review site for products, a rather big community. I looked up Boscia reviews on there and it seems their moisturizers have the lowest amount of stars. Their gel cleanser has a 4/5 though.

You can read more detailed reviews for each person,too. Each person has their skin type listed .

You might also try Face Reality's Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel. It works well, takes off makeup, but isn't overly drying. You can find it on the Face Reality Acne Clinic website.

I haven't used them personally but you should really create an account with Makeupalley.com

It's a review site for products, a rather big community. I looked up Boscia reviews on there and it seems their moisturizers have the lowest amount of stars. Their gel cleanser has a 4/5 though.

I'd first suggest looking at Beautypedia, since it's free this month. It'll tell you if any of the products you're using contain irritating ingredients, and lists the best ones for different skin types. I'd also look up whatever BHA product you used, because most of them are irritating or just ineffective. I've just started with Paula's Choice BHA, and after a week, I'm seeing better skin than I've had for years. I don't think a cleanser can fix blocked pores, as it doesn't penetrate that far.

If something causes you to break out, stop using it. Something might take a month to really have noticeable benefits, but if it makes things worse, it's probably irritating your skin.