Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lexi919

Job interview during initial breakout

Hi everyone --

I have a job interview for a position I REALLY want scheduled for next week (just scheduled). I am currently in the middle of an initial breakout from Accutane. I have an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow. Is there anything I can do at this point -- or ask him about -- to make sure my skin looks as good as possible for the interview? I'd rather avoid cortisone because of the possibility of sunken marks. Is there a particular antibiotic I could ask him to prescribe a short course of, to at least minimize swelling from cysts?

Thank you!

Hi everyone --

I have a job interview for a position I REALLY want scheduled for next week (just scheduled). I am currently in the middle of an initial breakout from Accutane. I have an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow. Is there anything I can do at this point -- or ask him about -- to make sure my skin looks as good as possible for the interview? I'd rather avoid cortisone because of the possibility of sunken marks. Is there a particular antibiotic I could ask him to prescribe a short course of, to at least minimize swelling from cysts?

Thank you!

Hi everyone --

Thank you!

I don't know if antibiotics could help that fast... but definitely check with your dermatologist. Makeup? I don't know if you're a guy or girl, but even if you're a guy, a little cover up could help with your confidence. You could even get it done professionally. A makeup application costs $20 at a spa/salon near me.

Edited by Addie

Differin does not work for redness or red marks and you should stop using it!

It contains BP which damages and prolongs the red marks...it is a pimple treatment and while on accutane not necessary

Whatever is helping your red marks isn't the differin

Also I am in a similar situation...there is this job training thing for retail sales which would be good experience on my resume to get a job easier and a better option than lifeguarding (considering i clear up in time) because of the sun...(but then if i do clear up, wouldn't lifeguarding still be better?...hmm new things to consider)

but i am currently experiencing the IB...the thing is not for another 3 days so thats 120mg of accutane so who knows what will happen...doubt it would clear up my IB though...whatever im just going to have to deal with it, not like i'll ever see those people ever again...im probably going to blush a lot but whatever its good job experience

Edited by fredjones