Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I haaaate them. Since my bad breakout I dream every night that my skin is clear but and I wake up like :doh: and sometimes when my skin is doing better I'll dream that my face looks terrible and everyone is asking me about it and my derm went out of business or something crazy like that and I wake up relieved. I swear even in my sleep I can't escpae my stupid skin. I also wake up in the middle of the night and run and check my face. Does anyone else do this??

I did it last night :(

I'm 15 days off accutane and thought I had a spot on my chin last night and freaked out (but my boyfriend said it was just a little tiny cut that I must have aggravated in the shower - he was right) then dreamt all night that I woke up with a massive breakout and had to ring my derm in tears begging for an appointment. It was so vivid! I can still remember where every spot was. Luckily, it was just a dream. I guess now since my acne is gone then all my skin issues arent conscious anymore but rather unconscious! Pain!

Edited by Niamh414

yeah i do! i thought i was the only one. i check my skin a few times in the middle of the night just "incase" which is pretty insane i guess!

AHHH 3rd night in a row!! Last night I dreamed that I was at the mall and I went to the bathroom to check my face and I had forgotten to take my BP off haha so i start to peel it off as well as my skin and it was all nice underneath. And then i woke up to hell lol

I haaaate them. Since my bad breakout I dream every night that my skin is clear but and I wake up like :doh: and sometimes when my skin is doing better I'll dream that my face looks terrible and everyone is asking me about it and my derm went out of business or something crazy like that and I wake up relieved. I swear even in my sleep I can't escpae my stupid skin. I also wake up in the middle of the night and run and check my face. Does anyone else do this??

i know is hard to have acne cause i have it myself, but i´ll tell you a story about me.

i start it to get acne when i was 10 years old at a very young age. and you know what? i never really care about my acne, i didn´t really took care of it, i ate all greasy foods chocolates, a drak coca cola etc. and my skin looked normal. i start it to worry about my skin when i turn 16 years old and since i´m obssesed with my skin now my skin can look worse sometimes. the real and best medication for acne is not to think that you have acne even though i know is hard but if you go outside hang out with your friends, play sports, go to parties than your acne would just fade away like magic!!!!!!

the more you think about acne the more you get acne. even models have acne just because we see them in magazines with flawless skin doesn´t mean they have that super clean skin. in fact models have like pretty bad acne because they spend 24/7 with makeup on!

besides acne is very normal, more people now have acne than before. we are just lucky that we have acne in 21th century because my mom was born in 1960, and she had a little bit of acne and she was like the only one with acne back in the old times because most of her friends had clear skin. now everything change now every person in the entire world has pimples. who doesn´t!? people with acne are not monsters, acne does have a solution, cameron diaz a very beautiful actress she even has acne too and you got to see some old pictures of brad pitt he had like 3 pimples in his face and it doesnt matter if he had 3 pimples is still acne. and victoria beckham damn! she has acne like cameron diaz, and she is always looking for a solution for her skin. is she depressed about her skin? i don´t think so, she wears makeup, she likes to shop etc. you see EVERYBODY HAS ACNE.

just relax take care of your skin but don´t let acne control your life.

^^ you're so right.

Even now that my skin is pretty clear, I still have some frightening acne nightmares. It just goes to show whats woven into our subconscious. Fear :(

^^Wow thank you for the encouragement! You're right I shouldn't be ashamed of my skin, but sometimes I feel so alone in this:( I hope keeping busy today and tomorrow helps keep my mind off it long enough for it to at least heal a bit. I might go back to my derm on Thursday to ask for any kind of healing cream.