Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Someclearday

How do you distract away from your skn?

Back to work and school tomorrow:(How do you guys draw attention away from your acne? Do you feel like make up would draw attention? I want to dress down and just throw my hair up so bad but I know that won't help my mood much.

Back to work and school tomorrow:(How do you guys draw attention away from your acne? Do you feel like make up would draw attention? I want to dress down and just throw my hair up so bad but I know that won't help my mood much.

I just keep busy. It's hard, when I use the bathroom I stand far from the mirror so I dont' focus on the acne on my face.

You know what really bugs me is when you're talking to someone and in the middle of the conversation I see them looking at my acne.

I do the exact same thing as you guys. It really sucks.

And yeah like Espinilla12 said, its like THE worst feeling to be talking to someone and notice that they are looking at your stupid acne. It just makes me want to put a bag over my face :/ ha

I make my lips dark or bright to draw attention. Or you could try more bold eye makeup. I find accessorizing with interesting earrings can help, too.

well groomed eyebrows always seem to help, don't know why :lol:

Edited by ayla

UGh my makeup looks awful but I'm going to try and get my stuff done today reguardless. Acne has cost me a day of school and 2 days of work :boohoo: It's sad that I let it

I make my lips dark or bright to draw attention. Or you could try more bold eye makeup. I find accessorizing with interesting earrings can help, too.

It would work for me if only I'd wear make up. You know just this past week I had to go buy cover up. I cant' believe the cost, OMG. I literally got sick of looking at all the brands available. I finally picked ALMAY smart shade/make up. Since I don't know a thing about make up, this one is a colorless makeup which transforms into a shade to comlement my skin tone. But even so, there are 3 shades to pick from. So I picked the light shade, which is I guess ok. I comes out white from the tube and when applied it turns color. I think I will pick the medium shade next time. At almost $14 a tube, I think I will use up the one I just got.

I wear small earings when I have acne. I feel if I were larger earing, that will draw attention to my face....

I usually do a bold lip or bold eyeshadow too. Highlight your best feature. Shapely eyebrows make a huge difference! It frames your whole face. I would do whatever makeup routine you have to just cut the redness and then focus on one feature and bring it out. People honestly do focus on that more than acne. The only thing is, don't wear reddish lips if you haven't concealed. ;)

Just make sure you don't OVER compensate. Keep things as natural as possible. I find that making things clean, natural, and healthy is the best way to go. Allot of people make the mistake of over compensating when they have a breakout; I used to do this all the time, and it just made me more self conscious.

-Use less foundation on areas where you don't have acne. Use less especially around your eyes, where your skin is probably not very affected. Just lightly conceal your dark circles. The eyes are where people automatically look, so if the foundation around them is heavy, it will make the rest of your face more obvious.

-Blush: Western makeup generally puts blush on the sides of the cheek (in the contour) whereas Eastern makeup (Asia) puts it on the apples of the cheeks. The Eastern way looks a lot more perky and natural. It gives a more innocent look. Foundation nixes the natural color you have in your skin, so blush helps you look alive and healthy. Use a matte blush if you have bumps in the area.

-Clean up your eyebrows. Again, since people first look at your eyes, clean eyebrows really help make the face look cleaner and well defined.

-Use natural colors on your eyes to make them pop.

-If you're lips are paler, use a light matte rosy shade and just dab little on your lips with your finger, then finish with a little lip balm.

Keep your hair clean, maybe pull it back with a cute clip. Look people in the eyes (or else they won't be looking in your eyes), smile, hold your head up. You are beautiful and people want to see your beautiful smile! :D

I did a really minimum look my hairs back too. Luckily I wear a uniform

to school and work so I don't have to worry about an outfit. I go to esthetician school so it's skin skin skin all day hahaha I can't escape it!!