Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hova

You are what you think

Seeing how acne has plagued my life, a couple of days ago I decided to rethink everything that's happened. At this point, I watched what many people with acne (that affects them) does. Many of us recoil back.. Not wanting to live life (meaning, we'd be a lot different if we had clear skin). Pushing everything away and focus on how bad our acne is.

AND THATS OKAY. I DID IT AND HAVE BEEN DOING IT TOO.

But then I started thinking. I've always been the same. The way I eat, what I do. Why has my acne gotten so bad and affected me sooo much. Before I'd have a pimple or two, not care. And in a few days they were gone and I move on with my life. It wasn't until someone made fun of my acne (and surprisingly it only has happened once that I know about, and it was by some a**hole where karma probably got him back anyways).

Since then I've gotten down about my acne, believing it won't go away and doubting I'll ever get clear. Anyone else ever felt like that? All the time I focus on how I hate my acne, and it will never go away.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT'S TELLING THE UNIVERSE?

I want more acne, and I want it to never go away.

My own mind is what is bringing me down. You bring more to you of what you think. It's simple, the Law of Attraction. Negative brings more negative, positive brings more positive.

Many of us are self-defeating. I know most of us know the law of attraction, yeah yeah. But how many actually put it into affect?

Over the last couple of days, I've worked on the way I think. It's hard, and I still haven't mastered it (and believing/not doubting is incredibly hard.. I hope I win these thoughts). I've stopped my negative thinking and put a positive spin on things.

And I've got to say I've felt much better about everything, things seem to be finally working FOR me instead of against, and I can see my skin appreciating the new mental focus.

I'm not here saying change how you think and you'll have clear skin, but it'll definitely help.

If I believe I can have clear skin, and there's no doubt in my mind that I can't achieve that. There's nothing stopping me.

So let's stop dwelling on the negative and look at the brighter side of things! And maybe some of the light shall shine on us all!

Haha, this is what i did! I completely agree with you, I felt so much better about myself before my acne even got a chance to get better :lol:

Couldn't agree more friend. We've all been at the bottom of the dumpster, thinking the top was miles away.

The power of the mind is no joke. I've been very lucky to have the mind I do at such a young age. I've been through a lot in my life, experiences most people couldn't imagine. Our ego's and conscience can be incredibly manipulating. Creating illusions that block reality. And our society is making it worse by the day.

Look at America. We live in a country of I. It's a country of individuals. Everyone wants to be someone. Our country as a whole is materialistic, ego driven, insecure society. The thing is, is that the majority of people who will read this post won't understand what I'm talking about.

Look at people. It's not just america either, canada and europe are just as bad if not worse. Everyone actually believes they matter incredibly way too much. People are trapped inside their bodies. What are we? We are all just free spirits, experiencing a world of cliches and predictable schedules. We are all given a body to live the life we do. That body is second to the spirit. The body is just the spirits robot. The problem is that the majority of people on this earth haven't realized that. They believe their body, their image, is first. It's what we preach in our society, it's what we teach our children, it's cancer spreading at an alarming uncontrollable rate.

Let's say mirrors were never invented. Let's say we are back to hunter and gather ok. All you know is your common environment, the people you know, and the information you have learned and experienced. Does anyone care about image? Does anyone got out of their way to try to make their bodies and faces look nicer? Well of course not, they would just be a fool. They have never seen themselves in a mirror, therefore all of them believe they are just as beautiful as they will ever be.

If you had acne, would it matter? No, you wouldn't know. People may point out to you that you have some kind of rash on your face, but you would shrug it off, you wouldn't think about it anymore then the ant crawling next to you. And I'd highly believe any acne in those people wouldn't last more then a few years in the extreme cases. Mainly for two reasons, their diet, and the power of the mind. They never treat it, they never use topicals or medication, they let their bodies cure it in time. Adult acne is increasing every year, why is that? For this exact reason. All these people today trying to cure it with the topicals, the pills, the supplements, the everything. And on top of that every acne sufferer has their face in a mirror 5 or more times a day.

I could go on forever about this subject. Very, very interesting talk.

Hova: Good point.

I agree with it, for the past couple months I was SO focused on the skin and looking back now, its MUCH better than it was the couple months ago, but just because it wasn't perfect, I was still sad.

But now, I look at it and I'm happier.

Instead of worrying about how to make it better, Im just gonna take the time and do something else more relaxing and productive.

TheHoper: As always, nicely said! :)

This thread is bang on! Thanks for starting it OP!

I'm still struggling with releasing the fear and constant chatter my mind spills at me in regards to acne. It gets so woven into our brains, it's hard to untangle it. We need to work on retraining our brain, reforming our thinking patterns... it will definitely help the skin. I definitely think the "do nothing" regimen has merit, and it's because you begin to forget your skin and live your life, until you automatically attract clarity into your mind and your skin as an organic result. I love this topic :)

Thinking positive on its own is great, but I've found that once I started thinking more positively about myself and my appearance, I was much more motivated to start making changes in my life to help my skin get better and to just be healthier overall. It's a nice feedback loop of positivity. :)

Good point, but were people starring into water? lol. Sure they would glance once in a while. But I'd guess they weren't running to the nearest puddle every time they were going into public.

Edited by Thehoper

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

loa works upside down!! whenever i wish for something very very much, it gives me complete OPPOSITE of it l:/

and all this acne n shit..if we think about it, we get it?..hmmm..ah riight!! i remember now! when i was like 10 i was like: ooooh yeahh! i just wiish i was fuglee and have acneee!!! :pray::nag: and then awasome loa granted my wish and here it is, all over mah face, acneee! yay! loa works!! very true story!

no srsly the fck? :dry:

Let's say mirrors were never invented. Let's say we are back to hunter and gather ok. All you know is your common environment, the people you know, and the information you have learned and experienced. Does anyone care about image? Does anyone got out of their way to try to make their bodies and faces look nicer? Well of course not, they would just be a fool. They have never seen themselves in a mirror, therefore all of them believe they are just as beautiful as they will ever be.

A reflection from water didn't exist back then? :D Mirror isn't the only way to see your image.

I was thinking the same thing. Not to mention - I'm sure if people had acne back then, they'd know. I'm sure at some point in their lives, they'd touch their face or feel the pain of a cyst. You don't need to see it to feel it.

They may not have been running to the mirror, but I'm sure they saw their reflections as they perhaps rinsed their faces with water, or gathered drinking water and I doubt it was an occasional glance.

Well, personally, I think that people back then RARELY had acne.

With like no processed foods and mainly whole foods, meats, veggies and fruits, there wouldn't really be a reason for acne.

Just my 2 cents :)

Yeah. And the constant exercise they got. Also being outside 24/7. Constant clean fresh air, adequate sunlight, a repetitive sleep schedule. Hard to imagine how they would come down with an inflammation disease of the skin.

I agreeeee people think I am nutty whenever I bring this type of idea up.. IRL

lol yeah Thoughts determine if your blood is alkaline or acidic. Stress hormones are toxic and over time can and will poison the blood. Also not eating enough greens and or too much meat and such can make your body acidic too. PH test are good, maybe you should look into them (: .

It's more powerful than just that tho. Your reality manifest your dreams but your dreams also selectively manifest your reality, also thoughts give your cells a reason to produce more life force energy and become stronger to overcome obstacles. People that have no reason.. feel out of place... no hope and are depressed, are so energy deprived alot of them are bed ridden, feel weighed down and hurting for energy.. this is y so many depressed people just want to sleep.

Love for example is wonderful, it takes that away and makes you feel light as a feather and energetic and strong. Thoughts can do the same thing and manifest things to boot, but you gotta do the research on how to make it work, and you gotta do it right to make things manifest. until you get it, It's no easy task to figure out.

And the secret is you gotta feel good now, or your never gonna feel good later.

Edited by AthleticHunta

I just realized, I am thinking too much about my skin. Its not that bad. SO from now on I will try doing something to enhance my overall personality and skills rather than just running around to find a perfect cure to my acne :)

Thank you for bringing up this positiveness.

I agreeeee people think I am nutty whenever I bring this type of idea up.. IRL

lol yeah Thoughts determine if your blood is alkaline or acidic. Stress hormones are toxic and over time can and will poison the blood. Also not eating enough greens and or too much meat and such can make your body acidic too. PH test are good, maybe you should look into them (: .

It's more powerful than just that tho. Your reality manifest your dreams but your dreams also selectively manifest your reality, also thoughts give your cells a reason to produce more life force energy and become stronger to overcome obstacles. People that have no reason.. feel out of place... no hope and are depressed, are so energy deprived alot of them are bed ridden, feel weighed down and hurting for energy.. this is y so many depressed people just want to sleep.

Love for example is wonderful, it takes that away and makes you feel light as a feather and energetic and strong. Thoughts can do the same thing and manifest things to boot, but you gotta do the research on how to make it work, and you gotta do it right to make things manifest. until you get it, It's no easy task to figure out.

And the secret is you gotta feel good now how you want to feel later, or you feel how you fel now later.

bekcogent on youtube.. I looked you up, your very pretty, but you might be vitamin D deficient because your skins kinda pale. I know alot of guys love the look, me included, but you gotta make sacrifices for health. You should tan more (:

bekcogent on youtube.. I looked you up, your very pretty, but you might be vitamin D deficient because your skins kinda pale. I know alot of guys love the look, me included, but you gotta make sacrifices for health. You should tan more (:

omg cute kittyy!! meow meow D;

Edited by AthleticHunta

I understand the positive effects of positive thinking for stress etc... But comon telling the universe something. Really? Is there a flying spaghetti monster in this theory to?

And what kind of stupid rule is it that the universe doesnt understand no/not/dont. That thinking I dont want acne is the same as I want acne.

omg cute kittyy!! meow meow D;

You clearly dont know what vit D deficient means and what tanning does. A tanned body will block vit D. Pale skin lets you get your vit D faster/in less time. You get pale skin not by going into the sun a lot. And how do you know how quickly she tans. You cant make conclusions about how much she goes into the sun/and how much vit D she has.

Besides you can get vit D from food sources.

And even if she doesnt go into the sun enough. Tanning isnt the way. Thats not important thats the by-product. Going in the sun for good amounts of time in the sun (15min weak sun with that skin type is already enough) a day is the important part.

Seeing how acne has plagued my life, a couple of days ago I decided to rethink everything that's happened. At this point, I watched what many people with acne (that affects them) does. Many of us recoil back.. Not wanting to live life (meaning, we'd be a lot different if we had clear skin). Pushing everything away and focus on how bad our acne is.

AND THATS OKAY. I DID IT AND HAVE BEEN DOING IT TOO.

But then I started thinking. I've always been the same. The way I eat, what I do. Why has my acne gotten so bad and affected me sooo much. Before I'd have a pimple or two, not care. And in a few days they were gone and I move on with my life. It wasn't until someone made fun of my acne (and surprisingly it only has happened once that I know about, and it was by some a**hole where karma probably got him back anyways).

Since then I've gotten down about my acne, believing it won't go away and doubting I'll ever get clear. Anyone else ever felt like that? All the time I focus on how I hate my acne, and it will never go away.

My own mind is what is bringing me down. You bring more to you of what you think. It's simple, the Law of Attraction. Negative brings more negative, positive brings more positive.

Many of us are self-defeating. I know most of us know the law of attraction, yeah yeah. But how many actually put it into affect?

Over the last couple of days, I've worked on the way I think. It's hard, and I still haven't mastered it (and believing/not doubting is incredibly hard.. I hope I win these thoughts). I've stopped my negative thinking and put a positive spin on things.

And I've got to say I've felt much better about everything, things seem to be finally working FOR me instead of against, and I can see my skin appreciating the new mental focus.

I'm not here saying change how you think and you'll have clear skin, but it'll definitely help.

If I believe I can have clear skin, and there's no doubt in my mind that I can't achieve that. There's nothing stopping me.

So let's stop dwelling on the negative and look at the brighter side of things! And maybe some of the light shall shine on us all!

man i really appreciate those words. it´s been 2 months that i haven´t really care about my acne and now my skin looks much better. depression not only can cause death but it can cause diseases too. the more we think about acne the more acne we get. we just need to go outside and walk like a goddest because we people with acne we are not monsters. we are people and why we would worry so much about acne when now days everybody has acne. like a friend of mine told me one time when i was depressed about my acne she told me why are you so depressed on something that has a solution? we people can be very good role models for others who suffer from acne and to show them that pimples do go away we just have to give it a time.

acne has a solution, and you can even cover it with makeup with anything!. but what about those people who have diseas, who are deforme those people can´t cover it with acne and they don´t have a fast solution like us. if we don´t think positive, than our life would suck pretty bad.

now i wake up in the morning, i look at myself in the mirror, and i just brush my teeth, wash my face, i get dress and i go outside just to have fun. now i have a little bit of more acne than before because when i start it to get acne when i was 10 i really didn´t care if i had acne and all the people liked me. now that i worry so much about my acne it looks like if i have more and more acne.

if we don´t acept ourselves, who else is going to do it? if we go out and say ´´oh no i´m fucking ugly look at my acne´´ than we are going to be a target for the others. when we don´t acept who we are, than those people out there would treat us like trash.

it all depens on how you react in this world. we can´t let acne control our life, is not the end of the world and there are other things to worry about that are more important than just pimples!

i think that alot of people are missing the point in here. he is right! you are what you think! it has happen to me alot of times!.

anyways alot of people here said that people back in the days or old times they didn´t have alot of acne well let me tell you an interesting fact.

back in the old times like in egypt way back before jesus was born, those people said that acne was BEAUTIFUL because it was unique and kind of weird. so the people back then always try to do anything so they would have acne i know this is wierd but... i don´t remember exactly what they did i think they kind of rub in their skin like little pieces of rocks or something like that so they would have like a huge breakout, because back in the very very old times acne was consider beautiful and unique. i think that even the queen nefertitis from egypt i think she try alot of stuff just to have acne in her skin so the people would consider her that she is beautiful and unique.

i know this is wierd but it´s truth, nowdays acne is somehow described as ugly because is a disease from the skin. i never really cared about my acne back when i was like 10 to 16 years old because i just want it to have fun! and nobody ever talk about my acne now that i´m 18 about to hit 19 years old, now that i worry so much about my acne now i think my acne kind of looks worse than ever before. i mean if you walk down the streets and you feel like soo beautiful (without a cocky attitude) than everybody is going to say ´´oh look at the girl or boy how cute he/she is´´. it all depens on how you react in front of people.

i met alot of people with disabilities and they just want to live this life to the fullest with happiness. i think we should look at the positive stuffs, let´s just forget that we have acne and you´ll see how beautiful the world is. and always try to be deaf when somebody has something negative to say about your acne cause i always though that people who make fun of others of their appearance they are childish and they sound soo stupid. if you are going to argue with somebody don´t pick on how they look don´t ever say ´´oh look at you. you have a big nose´´ or whatever. when i have a bad discussion with somebody i don´t go and tell them something about their look.

because it´s childish if yall know what i mean. just be happy with your life. i have so much personality that i dont care what i have on my face as long as i have a good health i don´t care about the rest i never really cared about negative stuff they got to say about me. i´m proud of who i´m. and nobody is going to try to put me in a dumpster cause i´m strong enough to stand by myself and like who i´m.

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

I understand the positive effects of positive thinking for stress etc... But comon telling the universe something. Really? Is there a flying spaghetti monster in this theory to?

And what kind of stupid rule is it that the universe doesnt understand no/not/dont. That thinking I dont want acne is the same as I want acne.

hah i agree to joris. universe must be rly dense to not get difference between wanna/dont wanna. :|

do i have to spell it for it or something? gee :dozing:

imo its completely enough if i say: hey universe! ykno..i DUH hate stupidass acne duh, so NOMORE acne k? n now make my skin flawless! n faster than previous time u goon! k? ill apreciate n be gratefull n be good n nice n blagh etc all u want when ill have mah flawless skin, k? bcz how can i duh appreciate n be gratefull n be nice n blah when i have acne lol duh? o__0 naw..first things first! :naughty:

all the loa hype is just the ol positive thinging thing wraped in somewhat prettier paper n thats it..n thats y mehhh :dance:

i only disagree with joris about flying pasta monster, hes duh real n i ofc worship him, as well as great lord of potato chips n holy godess of cake! :boohoo: they r totally real u noobz!!

Lol have to find the negative? What was I saying about the majority not understanding..oh yeah.

Whose being negative? I'm merely expressing the lack of logic in the particular expressed statement.