Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarah.lala

acne and their marks

im a 14 year old ive got acne only recently . i am so heart broken i cry ever day of my life at home at school every where some times i just dont feel like living

some one help me i want my skin back

i cant take this any more

i want my pimples and those red marks to go

i feel so ashamed of my face i want to be some one else right now

i have oil and sensi skin

please help :'(

Hi Sara,

I am so sorry that you have to endure this. I was in your same exact position 3 years ago. I am 17 now. Acne is really frustrating to deal with. You are not alone. In order to tackle your acne problem, I would suggest asking your parent(s) to schedule an appointment with your dermatologist to figure out what is going on with your skin. My mom never took me to the dermatologist when I started getting acne at 13 years old. I regret that she did not because I only started getting help from my dermatologist when I was 16.. 3 years later. Please talk to your parent(s) and tell them how you are feeling. You need to find out how to deal with this problem as soon as you can because if acne isn't taken care of when you are young, it can be very difficult to deal with it later when you are older. If your mom says 'Oh don't worry, you will outgrow it', just keep insisting on that appointment. You need to do this for yourself and enough is enough. You cannot keep suffering like this. I am currently taking a powerful drug called Accutane and it has changed my life. I am not saying that you have to go and take that right away but you definitely need to discuss some options with a dermatologist.

I hope that you realize that you are never alone, in terms of this problem that you are dealing with. Acne made me miserable. I used to wake up at 5:30 AM and do makeup for 2 HOURS and still not be satisfied. I begged my mom to let me stay home. I would cry for hours. It wasn't worth it.

You can fix this, Sara. I promise. Message me if you need to talk.

Take care,

Sima

Hey Sarah.

As someone who's been in your shoes for many years, I know exactly how you feel and all I can say is I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I just turned 23 and I've had problems with acne on and off since I was 13. Like Sima, I suffered from acne for about 3 years before my mom finally gave in and took me to the dermatologist, and I regret not demanding to go sooner. Acne usually isn't an issue that can be fixed magically or overnight, and over the past 10 years I've tried tons of different medications and creams, some with more success than others. The key is being persistent and diligent, and I can't stress enough how important it is to find a good dermatologist who is willing to try different regimens with you. Trust me, you will eventually find something that works for you, whether it be an oral antibiotic, a topical cream, or Accutane, and (as hard as it seems) you just have to be patient. I feel a little hypocritical stressing the importance of patience, seeing as how I still get frustrated from time to time, but hindsight is 20/20 and looking back at my teen years now, my skin was never as bad as I built it up to be in my head.

I would also suggest that, if acne is becoming a psychological or emotional issue for you (as it does with many people who suffer from acne, including myself), you find someone you can talk to and confide in, instead of bottling it all up. I never discussed the emotional side-effects of my acne with anyone, preferring to keep it to myself, and it really ate away at my self-esteem and, even if I become miraculously acne-free tomorrow, I will have serious insecurities stemming from my acne for the rest of my life because I decided to hide how painful it really was. I know how difficult it is to talk about your insecurities and letting someone know how vulnerable it makes you feel, but trust me, unloading those feelings will make you feel better in the long run.

So my advice is to find a dermatologist and a good person to talk to, whether it's a parent, a friend, or a therapist, just someone you feel comfortable discussing this with. And never give up trying to find what works for you and your skin; you will probably go through several different things before finding the right combination, and you just need to trust that it will happen. In the meantime, do other things that will help boost your confidence: get a nice haircut, go shopping, buy some good makeup, go for a run. Seems trivial, but sometimes doing something small for yourself, even if it's just painting your nails, can make you feel better, even if it's only temporary.

Please feel better!

Guest Crimsonman

Very well said guys! There's not much more that I can add to this but to say that I had acne in my middle school years too! Thats when it began and I never thought anything of it, I suggest you try your best to stay calm and do your absolute best to rectify this situation. Speak to your parents about seeing a dermatologist so they can assist you with a solution.

Until then, you may find that asking questions and doing research of your own is useful in your fight with acne.

;) Hang in there sarah!

You ain't got to stress about it! There is a lot of options you have, the simplest being antibiotics. I had medication for 4 years and it kept my moderate acne under control. But now I'm searching up a lot of natural and holistic approaches. You can try having Zinc and Fish Oil. Real helpful without side-effects.

Don't stress it! You'll definitely achieve clear skin! XD