Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Me+dots

Stomach ache from everything ?!

I don't get it.

I have been eating good stuff but it feels like foods that a few weeks ago I could handle fine are now making me bloated?

Last night dinner and today breakfast and lunch I only had peppermint tea, green tea, salmon/tuna and sweet potatoes.

Even that is now giving me stomach ache and bloating !!!???

I'm thinking maybe I'm low on digestive enzymes or stomach acid ??

Should I try taking HCL or Digestive enzymes??

I don't get it.

I have been eating good stuff but it feels like foods that a few weeks ago I could handle fine are now making me bloated?

Last night dinner and today breakfast and lunch I only had peppermint tea, green tea, salmon/tuna and sweet potatoes.

Even that is now giving me stomach ache and bloating !!!???

I'm thinking maybe I'm low on digestive enzymes or stomach acid ??

Should I try taking HCL or Digestive enzymes??

Are you taking a probiotic? In your sig it says you're on antibiotics -- if that's the case, you should DEFINITELY be taking a probiotic. You could definitely be dealing with an imbalance in your intestinal flora, which could contribute to what you're experiencing.

I would run to your nearest Whole Foods and pick up some bio-K or Natren Healthy Trinity and take it for a few days and see how you feel.

Hope this helps!!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Probiotics and digestive enzymes rules! :)

Edit to say: :wavey: Hi from a fellow South African! :)

Edited by Bokkie

Probiotics and digestive enzymes rules! :)

Edit to say: :wavey: Hi from a fellow South African! :)

:hifive: Hi Bokkie! Cool to know there is another SAFA on here!!

(we might not have Whole Foods Shops - but we have 9 months of summer!)

I started taking some digestive enzymes yesterday and today feels better.

I must start taking probiotics again too!

I quit the antibiotics a while ago - need to update my signature...

:)

Personally I take and prefer Solgar's Digestive Enzymes. In SA you can get them at most Health shops. I take one as I start every meal, should it be a heavy meal I might up it to two.

Also, I take a sachet of VSL#3 (probiotic) every morning, which I get from Dischem, kept in a fridge in their health food section. Very expensive, but worth it. Other alternative might be Udo's Choice's products, also at Dischem and most health shops.

Good luck!

Cindy

Damn! You guys are from South Africa?! That's so cool. How is it there? 9 months of summer sounds amazing! Have you guys ever been to America? Can you compare? Sorry so many questions, that's just awesome to me haha.

:)

Personally I take and prefer Solgar's Digestive Enzymes. In SA you can get them at most Health shops. I take one as I start every meal, should it be a heavy meal I might up it to two.

Also, I take a sachet of VSL#3 (probiotic) every morning, which I get from Dischem, kept in a fridge in their health food section. Very expensive, but worth it. Other alternative might be Udo's Choice's products, also at Dischem and most health shops.

Cool beans! I'm going to try those.

I just picked up some Vital enzymes the other day and I feel loads better already.

I started taking some flax seeds yesterday too, but I'm not sure they are doing anything yet.

Hi Hoper

You should come and see South Africa! Tourists love it! (and don't believe what you see on tv - we don't live in clay huts with flies around our heads - we have malls and cars)

You can have loads of fun on a holiday here because the Dollar is so much stronger than our currency.

I only know the US from what I see on tv and the movies. I've been to South America and Europe. I think SA is similar to Brazil (only we speak English).

Hi Hoper! :)

Me+dots summed it up pretty good. Plus if you visit South Africa, you can come see the big 5 in nature.

Ive been to Utah once - we were doing the Primal Quest adventure race a few years ago. Awesome place and friendly people.

Hope to see you soon? :)

Cindy

(Johannesburg)

I'm having a really bad time with my stomach at the moment too. I'm doing the anti candida diet which basically means no sugar and no/little yeast. My skin has improved a fair bit but my stomach is so full of gas and needless to say it's very embarrassing. I think the reason for it is all the yeast free bread and veg i'm eating.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get my stomach under control while staying on this diet? (as i said the diet is working fairly well as far as my skin goes)

I'm having a really bad time with my stomach at the moment too. I'm doing the anti candida diet which basically means no sugar and no/little yeast. My skin has improved a fair bit but my stomach is so full of gas and needless to say it's very embarrassing. I think the reason for it is all the yeast free bread and veg i'm eating.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how i can get my stomach under control while staying on this diet? (as i said the diet is working fairly well as far as my skin goes)

I have the same problem, i cant eat anything now without it bloating me or making my stomach feel crap. It just seemed to happen almost 2 years ago and ive never managed to beat it.

Digestive enzymes is what always helps me get rid of the bloating. But I know this does not work for everybody. Alternatives could be apple cider vinegar, Betain HCI or Peppermint.