Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lepio

Dry and flaky skin, what to do with the regimen products?

I've been using the regimen for a while now and it's working well for me, but I do have a problem with my skin getting dry and flaky, only on my 2 cheeks though (the cold temperatures right now probably don't help). It's not really excessive but still I was wondering what I could do about it, I already use a LOT of the moisturizer from this website. I've been trying to put small amounts of moisturizer on my cheeks about 2 or 3 times during the day, but it doesn't really get rid of the problem and made me wonder if it was possible to overmoisturize?

I should mention that I also have the AHA+ product from this website, should I try using both that and the moisturizer? Would it be too much if I did that constantly twice a day?

post-145016-1296460436_thumb.jpg

It sucks, and I'm hoping it improves for everyone as the weather warms up, but BP is inherently drying and will continue to cause dryness until your skin adjusts and compensates. All I can suggest is a bit of gentle exfoliation (very gently rubbing off loose flakes) and moisturizing.

Guest Timehealsall
It sucks, and I'm hoping it improves for everyone as the weather warms up, but BP is inherently drying and will continue to cause dryness until your skin adjusts and compensates. All I can suggest is a bit of gentle exfoliation (very gently rubbing off loose flakes) and moisturizing.

i think your flakes can be easily rubbed off since they arent stuck to the skin.

and sandman, when you say very gentle, would you consider this gentle? If you rub a little harder than how dan applies benzoyl peroxide to his face in the videos?

i think your flakes can be easily rubbed off since they arent stuck to the skin.

and sandman, when you say very gentle, would you consider this gentle? If you rub a little harder than how dan applies benzoyl peroxide to his face in the videos?

Now that you mention rubbing them off, do you think exfoliating with the baby brush method would help? I was off the regimen for a while and I haven't been exfoliating but I think I might just start doing that again.

Guest Timehealsall

do you have any active lesions?

I also had aaaa lot of flakes. Then I tried another moisturizer, and my flakes disappeared. I don't like the moisturizer (my skin sometimes freak out, when I'm applying it), but it's better at moisturizing my skin than Dans moisturizer, and it spares me some minutes (my skin absorbs the new moisturizer pretty fast).

Hey mate, I use to have a major problem with flakiness, and even splashing on blobs and blobs of moisturiser didnt help, until I found my best friend Jojoba oil. It really does wonders for flakiness, just beware it might shine your face if you apply too much, but just blot the areas you do. You can usually purchase it from any health food stores, or online here