Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I recently realized that my skin is really oil at all - its combination/mostly dry and very sensitive. So i stopped using benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid altogether and realized it really made no difference. Its been over two weeks and my skin is still the same. This is incredibly frustrating.

I use an exfoliator every other day and a simple cleanser on the off days. I put aloe juice on my face at night and use a light moisturizer.

So if that isnt the cause, then what could be? Too much sugar/processed foods? Lack of a certain vitamin? My diet isnt particularly terrible. I never eat candy. If anything I'll have too many carbs. I've heard things about if you get acne on one side more so than the other - the left side of my face is where I get all my acne. The right hasnt broken out in ages, it just has a few scars now.

do you sleep on your left side? I find i get more acne on the side I sleep on. try changing your pillowcase like every few days and rotate the side you sleep on.

as for diet try cutting out dairy. I did and it really helped me. (although I still get acne)