Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
F-uckAcne

On it for 3 months now...

So I've been using the regimen for 3 months now cause I started breaking out on the forehead area. Since then, my forehead has cleared up but my cheeks are worse. I've had around 4-6 pimples on each side of cheek. After this product cleared some of them, it left horrible red marks and didn't get rid of the pimples either. This product stinks and I'm thinking of switching to ProActive. I mean, I could send the products back for a refund can't I? Like really, Dan, you've made it worse.

Guest Timehealsall
So I've been using the regimen for 3 months now cause I started breaking out on the forehead area. Since then, my forehead has cleared up but my cheeks are worse. I've had around 4-6 pimples on each side of cheek. After this product cleared some of them, it left horrible red marks and didn't get rid of the pimples either. This product stinks and I'm thinking of switching to ProActive. I mean, I could send the products back for a refund can't I? Like really, Dan, you've made it worse.

proactiv and dansproducts are exactly the same..

both is 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide.

Since i've been on the regimen (Oct/2010) i've only had minor new breakouts they tend to be tiny and go away quickly.The odd isolated pimple is going to keep happening.

No large inflamed pimples however , and I can usually track it to something I did for example skipping an application or irritating that particular area more then others.

Being gentle didn't make sense to me at first but now after using the regimen for awhile you do start to notice that new pimples often form in areas where you've been less gentle.

I don't see how using dans bp or pro active could make the difference both use 2.5% BP as the active ingredient.

Do you wear a helmet or hat that might be irritating your forehead?

4-6 pimples all together, or right now, or at any given time? it makes a difference.

Obviously you've seen improvement, otherwise your forehead would be breaking out, so just stick with it, Pro active uses the same active ingredient, but its much harsher on the skin (One of the cleansers has beads in it, right? and a toner i think) so dan's regimen is your best bet, BP wise.

The red marks DO go away, once you're completely clear for a month or two, you can begin lowering the amount of BP you use, if you want, and that greatly decreases the time it takes for the red marks to fade.

Would you rather have flat, red marks. or big, sore, bloody, puss-y pimples?

4-6 pimples all together, or right now, or at any given time? it makes a difference.

Obviously you've seen improvement, otherwise your forehead would be breaking out, so just stick with it, Pro active uses the same active ingredient, but its much harsher on the skin (One of the cleansers has beads in it, right? and a toner i think) so dan's regimen is your best bet, BP wise.

The red marks DO go away, once you're completely clear for a month or two, you can begin lowering the amount of BP you use, if you want, and that greatly decreases the time it takes for the red marks to fade.

Well heres the thing. When I first started using it, I only had 1 or 2 pimples on my forehead and 1 or 2 on my cheek. My forehead cleared up then more pimples popped up on my cheeks. 4-6 pimples at the same time! Now I have these horrible red marks that makes my cheeks look a lot worse. I don't know whats wrong cause I'm 19 and never had a problem with acne in my life. Could it be then it's just I'm at that stage in life to get pimples? I've noticed pimples forming on my back too and I've never had that before either. This all started around 3 months.

Well heres the thing. When I first started using it, I only had 1 or 2 pimples on my forehead and 1 or 2 on my cheek. My forehead cleared up then more pimples popped up on my cheeks. 4-6 pimples at the same time! Now I have these horrible red marks that makes my cheeks look a lot worse. I don't know whats wrong cause I'm 19 and never had a problem with acne in my life. Could it be then it's just I'm at that stage in life to get pimples? I've noticed pimples forming on my back too and I've never had that before either. This all started around 3 months.

If you never had problems with acne, why did you start the regimen in the first place?

I started using it cause I noticed I was breaking out on my forehead. I was also breaking out on my cheeks too. After I started, it seemed my acne was moving from my forehead to my left cheek then to my right cheek. My forehead is clear, my left cheek is a little clear but pimples keep forming still. My right cheek looks real bad from the red marks and some pimples here and there. I'm also getting pimples forming around the temple area.

The BP slows down healing... you should stop everything and I recommend looking into the Oil Cleansing Method and an Apple Cider Vinegar Toner (or just plain Vinegar if ACV smells too much for you).

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/OIL-CLEAN...Hi-t141871.html

Try plain Jojoba Oil or Grapeseed Oil for cleansing, and for the toner use 1 part Vinegar to 8 parts water.

Avoid irritation.