Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vapor1

NO JALAPENOS!!!!!!!

Okay, so..

I haven't had any inflamed pimples in like, 3 weeks. Then, I ate a bunch of jalapeno peppers last night and this morning. Guess what? 2 new pimples arose! I've heard negative things about them before. When I'm clear for a while again, I'll try eating more and tell you guys what happens to see if it's a fluke (which I doubt).

haha, this was an old post, and it probably should have been posted in food/nutrition, but I'm really sure they break me out now. I ate them again about a week ago, then I got a few pimples in places I normally don't, again. man, i love jalapenos :confused:

Great thread! I was thinking the same thing about jalapenos and spicy food and acne. Although I do feel I get more acne in the winter months, lately I have been eating nacho chips and a lot of salsa with jalapenos in it and I have been breaking at least 3 x per week. One week in January I didn't eat any spicy food and really didn't break out at all that week. I'm deff gonna cut down the chips and salsa and see what will happen.

i read somewhere that spicy foods raise body temperature, thereby increasing hormone production

not sure if it was legit, but there do seem to be a lot of theories about spicy foods