Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gabrieldaily

GHOSTLY WHITE FACE in pictures!

I've heard that wearing non-spf products/makeup will make your face not appear white like a ghost in pictures. But all the things I use don't have spf. What might be causing this problem?

Help! So I can prevent this embarrassing thing to happen again!

I use sunscreen a lot and I've never had a problem with that. well my face is pretty much ghostly white as is lol. do you rub it in sufficiently?

and according to your signature you don't use anything with SPF, I don't see what the problem is.

or you could get a zinc-free sunscreen, or one of those Neutrogena sport ones...I think they are all clear so you shouldn't have a problem.

i try to use makeup .. discretely .. and i use so little but on some pictures oh lord i just go to the bathroom to wash my face...

titanium dioxide :) thanks i'll check out the products i'm using.. :D

I've heard that it's the titanium dixoide in powders and such that can make people look ghostly white in photos.

this, it's the titanium dioxide and zinc oxide

i try to use makeup .. discretely .. and i use so little but on some pictures oh lord i just go to the bathroom to wash my face...

titanium dioxide :) thanks i'll check out the products i'm using.. :D

My pleasure :). I used to look super white in pics until I started using a different powder. Made all the difference!

Well..

If you wait for some time its soon halloween again ;)

And if I can grow a hunchback we could go trick or treating as casper and quasimodo :)

But on a more serious note..

are you taking any suppliments? vitamins etc?

I have also read that Zink whitens the skin alot. maybe some other ingridients are "helping" to the whiteness

i use to have the same problem. the reason is because the make up ur using doesn't match your skin tone completely. you need to find the right makeup color that will fit your skin tone almost perfectly. otherwise you will look like a painted call girl.

using products with sunscreen in them cause the white face in photos im getting married in may and this is a huge thing obviously because im having tons of pictures so no spf is a giant tip from artists

I always have a ghostly white face due to my SPF foundation. It has become a bit of a joke amongst my friends! :P

It probably is the colour of powder or foundation you're using. I'm of Asian descent, so my skin tone is different than the standard white person. Thank goodness they're selling more colour selection nowadays. When I was in high school I was using a foundation, and it was pinkish. In all my photos, my face was PINK! Have you ever seen an Asian girl with pink-toned skin? I don't think so. It was disgusting.

Speaking of non-SPF...

I know that people often push SPF products to avoid skin cancer. Here is my beef with this: If I'm going to be under the direct hot sun for more than 30 mins with barenaked skin, yes I agree you should have sunscreen on. But most of us work during the day and are indoors all the time. We DO need a little bit of sun on our faces. It makes you look healthier, and I truly believe it makes you FEEL healthier. I guess it's the Vitamin D. Plus, most of us wear regular moisturizer and makeup that does shield from the sun a little bit.

I also live in Canada, so maybe I'm just missing the sun right now. If you live in a tropical climate and you walk to work every day, then you probably should use SPF products.